SampleTank 4.0.4 Now Available

SampleTank 4.0.4 is now available in your IK User Area

Changes from version 4.0.3:

• Optimized RAM / Virtual Memory Usage.
  • Fixed several crash issues on Studio One.
  • Fixed a crash when playing notes after loading several large sized Instruments.
  • Fixed a UI issue in FL Studio Mac when removing SampleTank 4 from a project.
  • Fixed a crash when loading instruments with corrupt sample (.pak) files.
  • Fixed Multis (combis from SampleTank 2 imported via SampleTank 3) not loading Instruments.
  • Fixed SampleTank 3 Instruments with Stretch Engine which caused glitchy audio on upper note ranges.
  • Fixed SampleTank 3 Edit Panel not applying PSTS/Stretch engine on all selected zones.
  • Fixed London Grooves Instruments crash.
  • Fixed corrupted Instruments switching between Resample and Resynth engine.
  • Fixed a sporadic crash when playing Arpeggios.
  • Fixed an issue with onscreen Pitch Bend not matching set values on Edit Panel.
  • Fixed concurrent Preanalysis tasks resulting in parts muting.
  • Fixed significant volume difference in SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 Instruments Accordion LH Mellow and Accordion Musette.
  • Fixed a feedback loop caused by Compressor.
  • Fixed trigger behaviour playing with Strummer .
  • Added scrollbar to Mod Matrix.
  • Added scrollbar to Mixer page.
  • Added Instrument size in the Browser INFO panel.
  • Updated Authorization Manager version 1.0.24.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Worked with the update some yesterday and much improved! I am not experiencing the vanishing issues when loading the larger pianos in and out, I am going to try some of the other patches that have been causing problems (namely the larger electric guitars). Appreciate the fixes and improvements, like the simple patch size indicator; thanks.

Looking forward to continuing to discover and enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Worked with the update some yesterday and much improved! I am not experiencing the vanishing issues when loading the larger pianos in and out, I am going to try some of the other patches that have been causing problems (namely the larger electric guitars). Appreciate the fixes and improvements, like the simple patch size indicator; thanks.

I have experienced no crashes since updating. to 4.0.4. But I often get the Cakewalk audio engine dropout as soon as a sound has finished loading into a part. Just restarting the audio engine seems to make it good to go though. Adjusting my audio buffers seemed to make no difference here. I tried everything from 256-1024. No problem like this with another DAW I tested, so maybe Cakewalk is just a bit over-protective here.

And ST4  now uses much less memory per instance, so it is no longer a big deal with RAM to load several plugin instances into the DAW.

But I do still notice some performance issues if I load up multiple parts in a single instance of ST4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I have experienced no crashes since updating. to 4.0.4. But I often get the Cakewalk audio engine dropout as soon as a sound has finished loading into a part. Just restarting the audio engine seems to make it good to go though. Adjusting my audio buffers seemed to make no difference here. I tried everything from 256-1024. No problem like this with another DAW I tested, so maybe Cakewalk is just a bit over-protective here.

Try increasing the DropoutMsec value in Preferences > Audio > Configuration File. I don’t know about Sample Tank, but as this happens during load it might be the same problem as I had with some Kontakt libraries from Audiofier. In my case increasing the default value of 250 to 2300 solved that issue. I guess my sample drive wasn’t fast enough  to stream large audio files at the speed required for the default setting to work.

Edited by Canopus
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Try increasing the DropoutMsec value in Preferences > Audio > Configuration File. I don’t know about Sample Tank, but as this happens during load it might be the same problem as I had with some plug-ins from Audiofier. In my case increasing the default value of 250 to 2300 solved that issue. I guess my sample drive wasn’t fast enough  to stream large audio files at the speed required for the default setting to work.

Thanks! I bumped my DropoutMsec  up to 2000, and that seems to have taken care of the dropout on loading!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, abacab said:

Thanks! I bumped my DropoutMsec  up to 2000, and that seems to have taken care of the dropout on loading!

Yes, thanks for this very good advice and now I got happily rid of dropouts too!!

Everything works now quite nicely with 4.04 upgrade!

Now I feel sorry thatI  didn't get Sampletank 4 Max insted of ST4 Standard!!!😲

But then I didin't know what sounds ST4 standard will contain because there was no instrument list then available!😰

Only for 100 eur more for ST4 Max and now I am missing with ST4 standard many must-have instruments like

nylon guitar, flute, fluegelhorn, alto sax, all percussion and strings etc. 😨😰

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 1:42 PM, gigasonar said:

Now I feel sorry thatI  didn't get Sampletank 4 Max insted of ST4 Standard!!!

But then I didin't know what sounds ST4 standard will contain because there was no instrument list then available!😰

Only for 100 eur more for ST4 Max and now I am missing with ST4 standard many must-have instruments like

Hi. If you want those instruments for a good price, you could take look at the Sonivox and Air bundles. They are often on sale and are pretty good imho

10 hours ago, kakku said:

Hi. If you want those instruments for a good price, you could take look at the Sonivox and Air bundles. They are often on sale and are pretty good imho

Hi, I also have both of those bundles. They are good deals for the money, if you can overlook the outdated interfaces and lack of current software development support. But that is why they are so cheap.

There is really no comparison at all to SampleTank 4 in sound quality or functionality, IMHO.

Edited by abacab

On 4/15/2019 at 6:42 AM, gigasonar said:

Yes, thanks for this very good advice and now I got happily rid of dropouts too!!

Everything works now quite nicely with 4.04 upgrade!

Now I feel sorry thatI  didn't get Sampletank 4 Max insted of ST4 Standard!!!😲

Glad to hear everything is working! 😄

We did get the list of sounds up for the pre order pricing, but just in case you missed it, you can check out the full list below. Scroll to the bottom of this page.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=versions&utm_source=forum&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=sampletank4

For anyone who is updating to SampleTank 4.0.4, make sure to get the sound content updater version 1.3! This is under the 'Sounds Downloads' list under SampleTank 4 in your User Area -> My Products .

5 minutes ago, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

For anyone who is updating to SampleTank 4.0.4, make sure to get the sound content updater version 1.3! This is under the 'Sounds Downloads' list under SampleTank 4 in your User Area -> My Products .

The Sound Library Update 1.3 was the last one released in March. So this isn't a new one.

The initial release versions of SampleTank 4 made me take a hard look at how my audio PC was performing and actually helped discover a lot of potential issues that were causing me to take some unnecessary hits performance wise. Just spent a lot of time using Latency Mon and some other tools to help pinpoint my particular issues. Here are some additional things I found on top of those I mentioned in an earlier thread.

• Possibly failing external USB 2.0 backup drive
  • Making sure my USB 2.0 and 3.0 drivers were current
  • Isolating my Presonus Studio 6|8 on its own dedicated USB Root Hub 
  • Looking at overclocking and CPU power settings at the BIOS level
  • Not trying to do too much such as video recording/capturing which pushed things to the very edge CPU wise 😳.

This afternoon I had possibly my best experience yet with ST4 and captured a little of the fun I was having. Just started noodling with one of the Rhodes patches and thought; "Hey, I need to capture some of this". I hope you enjoy. I want to do a more detailed walkthrough and I am more confident than ever that it will be very soon.

On 5/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, kakku said:

I already have big AIR bundle with Structure etc. the are quite nice !

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

Glad to hear everything is working! 😄

We did get the list of sounds up for the pre order pricing, but just in case you missed it, you can check out the full list below. Scroll to the bottom of this page.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/index.php?p=versions&utm_source=forum&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=sampletank4

Nope, there was only list for Sampletank 4 Max in january 16th when I ordered ST4 Standard! I only did know that will contain

about 70 Gb new sounds, but not excatly what these sounds will be!🤔

But then again I am happy I ordered Sampletank 3 upgrade with free upgrade to new ST4  for 99 eur !!!!😅😍

• Great Idea 1

We did release the updated list shortly after this original list. This was released with an extension for pre-orders, so users should have been able to see the full list of sounds for SampleTank 4 in time for pre-order pricing. It is understandable that this and the comparison lists could have been missed, so if you'd like to see what we can do I'm always willing to help.

So I have Sampletank 4 (latest version of everything) installed alongside Sampletank 3 MAX. 

When I open ST3 I can use American Acoustic as well as any other ST3 library that's installed.

When I open ST4 I can see American Acoustic in the list of libraries but it has a padlock on it.

Does this mean that I can only use ST3 addons in ST3 or is there a way to get ST4 to open these?

Thanks

I already had 

• C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4  (I think this was the default which I just left alone but not sure if I really need this now?)
  • S:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
  • S:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

I have also just added 

• S:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments

which is where American Acoustic is located.
After a rescan it still shows a padlock on AA.

Thanks Peter

That does sound odd.  I would check in with support here. Send me a PM with your ticket number once opened, and I'll make sure the team gets to you as soon as they can. In the meantime, you can try these quick suggestions which may help.

• Remove all paths in SETTINGS > SOUND CONTENT
  • Add in only your SampleTank 3 path
  • Restart SampleTank 4
  • Once you see your SampleTank 3 sounds available, add back in your SampleTank 4 sounds

One other quick point to check. Both the SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 sounds should be installed to their own separate directories. Make sure that your SampleTank 4 sound content path does not include any SampleTank 3 sounds. When looking at your SampleTank 4 sound content path you will have both an Instruments and Samples folder. Make sure these include only "SampleTank 4" folders. This is all you should see here. Inside these folders are your SampleTank 4 instrument and sample files.

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia

Thanks Ryan.

I tried your bullet points adding back only the ST3 path but AA is still padlocked after a rescan. Strangely one of the other installed ST3 libraries (NRG) is accessible.

I had a look at the ST4 folders and under the folder SampleTank 4\Instruments I have a SampleTank 4 folder BUT I also have folders numbered 01 to 21 which look like ST3 instrument folders! They are the same as in the SampleTank 3 folder.  That must have happened somehow during the installation of ST4 as I have always kept my ST3 and ST4 folders separate. Anyway, I have deleted those and rescanned but still have the same issue. 

Some ST3 libraries that I have installed, namely NRG and Electronica are there but American Acoustic is not.