Waves Codex Free with FREE Beat Mag # 182

cclarry

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I got serum too. Its great. I was just playing around with their ad copy wording. 🙂

I knew that

Me too.  I was trying to avoid....not another synth that I always fail.  I'm surprised the Serum isn't really complicated.  I was thinking of getting Codex as my free choice from Waves but passed.  In the world of softsynths Waves tops them all in limited licensing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Yeah, I think it is Issue 185 currently, which has Also MPC Beats with some extra MPC Packs

Yip .. But then MPC Beats is available free for all anyway from the Akai site. The extra MPC Packs however are the thing to get off the BEAT mag if you use MPC Beats, not the easiest piece of software to use TBH 

It is issue #182 with the Codex.

Unfortunately Beat Mag has blocked all gmail address from registering the software. I had to whup out an alternate Yahoo mailbox to get the Waves serial #.

Edit: to clarify the email block message that I received from Beat, they said there had been a lot of fake registrations using Gmail to steal licenses, so they were blocking them. Suggested using an alternate, or to contact their support to get my Gmail address authenticated.

Edited by abacab
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

my gmail address worked. but it was a real PIA to get through those signup processes. All in German.

I just clicked the "English" link at the top of all pages. No problemo here!

Up and running with Waves Codex now. :)

Pretty sure at this point that I will never need Serum...

There are tons of interesting sequences, arpeggios, and motion patches. Days of fun ahead!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:
2 hours ago, abacab said:

Up and running with Waves Codex now. :)

Pretty sure at this point that I will never need Serum...

There are tons of interesting sequences, arpeggios, and motion patches. Days of fun ahead!

Does this work as a stand alone? Older Waves versions did.

12 minutes ago, Monomox said:

I have it open as a stand-alone. Every single Waves vsti I have has come with a stand-alone version. 

I gotcha. They are not listed in Windows under the Waves folder, where I would expect to find them. Doh!

But each synth is listed alphabetically under their own names in the start menu in Win 10. I have several of the others, including Elements,  Flow Motion, and Bass Fingers.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

And FWIWthe synth is NKS ready, so it should also be there in NI Komplete Kontrol, if you're used to that eco-system.

I sometimes use KK as a plugin, so that is a nice plus. Unfortunately the KK plugin is currently not playing nice with the AAS v3 synths (disappearing synth GUI). AAS support says the problem is on the NI end.