Clicks and pops on recorded track.

dappa1

I just downloaded the latest update for Cakewalk by bandlab. I have worked on a song which has a few plug ins not more than what is normal.

I have exported the track and played it on Groove Music. All the clicks and pops have been translated on to the track and some instruments are out of phase. This seems strange to me as when I listen to the track in Cakewalk and I play it through they are no clicks and pops or instruments out of phase. 

What could the problem be? I record in other software and this does not happen at all.

Are the artifacts still present if you export using a slow bounce?

Is the project all audio or are there virtual instruments? If VIs are being used, which ones?

Are there any unrendered Melodyne clips in the project?

What file format are you exporting to, e.g. MP3, WAV, FLAC? Does it happen with alternative formats?

Are you sure the artifacts are in the exported file, and not happening during playback? How about posting the file so we can check if we hear them too.

Sorry for so many questions, but this is an unusual set of symptoms I've never encountered before.

Hi Bitflipper:

I am using WAV Forms some of the artifacts are in the session, I am using audio (vox) and VI's Komplete, Addictive Drums and Dim Pro. Some instruments are out of sync once it is mixdown and then I play it on Groove Music. I have had to go back to platinum to however, mix down is not giving me any audio once it is mixdown. What to do.

I may have to take the stems and put it in another DAW. 

Have you tried freezing your VI tracks before exporting the whole project?

Have you tried playing it back on a different player, e.g. WMP, VLC, Foobar2000, or WinAmp? Or on a different device altogether, e.g. your phone or portable music player?

"...mix down is not giving me any audio once it is mixdown."

Does this mean when you do the mix in SONAR there is no output? Sheesh, you've got quite the laundry list of bizarre symptoms. I can't think of any one explanation for all of them.