Mars

mark skinner

I took a little different approach on this one and it's still in it's beginning stages. A few loops from Sonar 7 , Roland synth from 8.5 for 808 stuff ,  bounced and finished in CbB.  TTS , Tyrell synth and  dirty guitars (unusual for me)  I've been toying with vocals  , but not there yet , looking for a deep Bowie feel.  It's a little short but this is the main body. Looking for crits and suggestions before I take it further.  Thank You ..   mark   https://soundcloud.com/user-810058643/mars

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 3

Yeah , David , I thought the lyrics would be easier than it's been. I'm glad you confirmed it could go with a Bowie feel. I was wondering if it was just me. Thanks Jack. I spent a good bit of time on the 808 kick this morning.  It wasn't lining up well enough. Amazing how it got louder when it got  lined up perfectly. I'll repost later .. Thanks    mark

Thanks to all of you for the Great comments!  I've been deleting vocal tracks for a week now just trying to get the right feel and to get it to sit in the mix. I finally made some progress this morning. Hopefully I won't have to start deleting this afternoon. I can't sing like Bowie but I think I can get close to his  feel.   Later ..   mark

Thanks Bjorn , I really like 808's in the right context. The loops were "smart" and changed key without me resetting the default groove pitch. By time I got to the guitar tracks I didn't even know what key I was in , but I liked the way it sounded.  Tuned my guitar up a half step to be comfortable with it. My hat's off to all the synth players. I'll be back asap , no deleting this afternoon. I'm 4 bars in !    Later ..  mark