Same Volume Question -simplified hopefully

Pathfinder

Output of all audio, be it midi\vsts\audio only etc is ridiculously HIGH. 

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what could cause this? As I stated before I suspect Audio interface issue and Win 10. Old AI but never had any issues.

Various active monitors and 2 Yamaha DXR10's. All set to normal as far as output. NEVER changed ever.  But now I cannot get past 1 (1-10) on my mixer I use for monitoring. Normally I was at unity gain on all faders?

Sorry to repeat just looking for some help. I am lost.

Edited by Pathfinder

This is most likely a setting on your audio interface or monitors.  All the DAW can do is output, at maximum, a full scale DAC signal. That would be  your master output clipping. Then from there your audio interface has to convert it to Analog and then to your monitors.  How loud it is is purely dependent on your audio interface and monitor levels. 

What audio interface are you using?  Check its output level setting. Some have a mix knob that adjusts the playback level vs. the direct input level.

Edited by reginaldStjohn

OK-

It's any and all projects-Mostly 15-25 tracks. Some audio only, some VSTS and midi. Nothing, I mean nothing is clipping. even the mixer.

AI is Echo Layla 3G. It is a PCI card type and with my last PC build (2 or 3 years ago) I had NO PCI slot so a guy on the forum (Stickman?) told me about a PCI to PCI express adapter. It has worked flawlessly for that time. I have 3 Mackie HR624 mkII's to mains from ixer and 2 Yamaha DXR10's from Control room mix. All have the volumes set to defaults on each (LOW). I would have to change each one of the 4 one at a time for this to happen. I never touch them and the controls are on the backs. 
The interface for the echo also shows NO CLIPPING. 
Guess it is the Echo.

The ONLY thing that happened was this: Weird if your interested: tried to install a start\stop transcribe type program that uses a USB footswitch to activate some keyboard strokes (like spacebar, etc.

I couldn't get it installed. windows did not like it. here is the kicker, when I opened cakewalk the message came up about NO audio interface? so this software , even though windows blocked it did something bad.

I have sice uninstalled the pieces of it and even did a system restore back to 2 days before the incident. Opened CW and all was fine as far as AI . 

BTW, this software is not malware or crap. It is used by the CIA, FBI and many medical facilties-mainly for transribing stuff. I guess so they can do stuff and avoid repetitive motion syndrome or because it's quicker. Anyway that's the deal and I know I can turn down all monitors but they would need to be near ZERO. Never was that way.

Anyway thanks for responding....I stated in my original post I would try my Roland octacapture in place of the Echo, but have not had a chance yet.

OK. I was hesitant to uninstall\reinstall the Echo because of the PCi express adapter card that it uses to convert from PCI. Thought I might have to open up the PC (it's under a table and not easy access for this old guy anymore) and remove both cards, install the adapter card first, reboot and then install the Echo PIC card on top of it (that was the original install proecedure)

Anyway, I removed and reinstalled (not physically) and now it's OK?

I am very sorry for the long winded crap. Was very frustrated.

Thanks and yes I should have tried that right away. once again sorry!