New Cakewalk Manual

John

How cool to have an up to date manual to include 2021.4. With all the additions Cakewalk a new manual was needed.  As usual who writes them has done an outstanding job. One of the  very best manuals for a DAW I have seen.  Thank you.

Edit to Add. A web based manual is very nice but it does not have the same aesthetics as a real book even if that book is a PDF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am very aware of the online manual. I prefer a written manual. In leu of that a PDF version will do the trick.  Why you may ask ? I like to browse and read it at times I'm not using a computer.  Also I believe that Cakewalk didn't have to do this but they did. I appreciate it. And I wanted to highlight it for others who would like to have an up to date PDF of the manual. 

Also Scook I have been working with this program and the forums gong back to when it first appeared and before.  You may forget just how long I have been around. 

• Like 2

The same goes for all the official tutorial videos. They mostly are showing Sonar x2   

What I really like is the Help Module. It would be nice if it included more of the little “ Learn More “ buttons. Those take you to the documentation page for each feature. Super friendly way to learn the software 

Edited by John Vere

3 minutes ago, John Vere said:

The same goes for all the official tutorial videos. They mostly are showing Sonar x2   

Which ones?

Just like the old website, the old Cakewalk tutorials are products of the old company.

AFAIK, no videos officially released by BandLab show any old Cakewalk DAWs.

2 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

ID-10-T error ...I feel shame

There is no reason to feel shame. I posted this thread for the express purpose of letting the forum know it had been up dated.  Also to thank CW.  I come here every day and don't always notice every little change or notice that is up in the sticky section.  Thus I post to alert people about it. 

What you have done is justify this thread and in that I truly thank you. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:31 AM, John said:

How cool to have an up to date manual to include 2021.4. With all the additions Cakewalk a new manual was needed.  As usual who writes them has done an outstanding job. One of the  very best manuals for a DAW I have seen.  Thank you.

Edit to Add. A web based manual is very nice but it does not have the same aesthetics as a real book even if that book is a PDF

Thanks. I am really happy that the PDF version exists and is kept up to date as well as practical.

That said the searchability of the web version is improving. So far I only use it to find stuff I can't find in the PDF version.

23 hours ago, scook said:

There are now 3+ years of "New Features" not integrated into the help.

What does that mean? By "help" are you referring to the Online Documentation accessible from the Help tab drop down in Cakewalk? I don't check the Online Documentation for updates but it seems when I go there looking for info on updates I can find it.

47 minutes ago, scook said:

It has not been done since the release of CbB.

hmmmm. @scook looks like it's updated, probably not to the latest build, although there is a link to the release notes:

New in Cakewalk 2021.04:
In addition to workflow enhancements and bug fixes, the following new features are introduced in the 2021.04 release:

• Integrated BandLab library access
  • Tempo track and Tempo Inspector
  • PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier ProChannel module
  • Loop current arrangement
  • Convert between MIDI continuous controller (CC) events and automation envelopes
  • Optimizations
  • Misc enhancements

🙂 

30 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:
1 hour ago, scook said:

It has not been done since the release of CbB.

hmmmm. @scook looks like it's updated, probably not to the latest build, although there is a link to the release notes:

This is out of context.

The "It" refers to integration of the New Features data into the body of the document and removing the entries in the New Features section.

There comes a time when new features are no longer new. 

If this were never done, the New Features section would have decades of entries.

• Like 1

The help PDF and online help are usually updated on every release, although not always for early access.

The only thing that isn't done every release is the localization, and especially localized help.  We have to book translators well in advance, and their schedule does not always match our release dates.