Audio Dropouts

PJH

This has been a problem for quite a while now but it's getting really irritating so I thought I'd find out if anyone else is getting this.

I get an audio dropout with the usual "audio engine has stopped" error message as soon a I bounce to clips on an audio track. Cakewalk does bounce correctly but the program freezes. If I hit the play button, nothing happens. I then have to save my work, close Cakewalk and reopen. I can then carry on.

My audio interface is a MOTU 16A.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a Motu M4 and this often happens if my system was not shut down overnight and I think if I was using other audio apps. I just re boot the Motu and it goes away. I was hoping the new driver update would fix this. 
The Motu is not as stable as my Focusrite when it comes to using other apps that need to share the drivers 

Thanks, I think the dropout immediately following a bounce to clips, is likely a spurious dropout message caused by an expected scenario with the engine transitioning from offline to online. I’ll look into it for next release. You can ignore that message since its harmless.

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Thanks, I think the dropout immediately following a bounce to clips, is likely a spurious dropout message caused by an expected scenario with the engine transitioning from offline to online. I’ll look into it for next release. You can ignore that message since its harmless.

Thanks Noel! Other than that error its been pretty much rock solid.

I look forward to seeing what you're able to do to fix the issue.