Video Fun

David Sprouse

David, this song has some serious vocal and instrumental power to it . . . really enjoyed the listen ! She sings like she really means it. You mention the eagle  . . . ha, he didn't bother me at all. Interesting to watch (and listen to) though, there is some low res imagery, but I'm no movie critic, still scrambling to get my first music video together . . . very well done sir !

Enjoyed the track & video David. Solid tune & performances, excellent singer & vocals.

I have a minor critique you take with a grain of salt;  around 0:13- those few grace notes (right side, a harp vi?)

& the piano chord at 0:29 kind of threw my ear off...

-but a great tune!

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

On 5/23/2021 at 8:41 PM, noynekker said:

David, this song has some serious vocal and instrumental power to it . . . really enjoyed the listen ! She sings like she really means it. You mention the eagle  . . . ha, he didn't bother me at all. Interesting to watch (and listen to) though, there is some low res imagery, but I'm no movie critic, still scrambling to get my first music video together . . . very well done sir !

Thanks for watching.  Ya I optimised it for *youtube* during export and this is how it came out...  Kind of grainy.

On 5/24/2021 at 4:19 AM, Wookiee said:

Unusually I watched the  video, normally I find them to distracting so do not bother.  She has a nice vocal with some real power.  You should have included the strike.

Good tune @David Sprouse

I didn't want to upset the kids.  Thanks for watching wookie.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the track & video David. Solid tune & performances, excellent singer & vocals.

I have a minor critique you take with a grain of salt;  around 0:13- those few grace notes (right side, a harp vi?)

& the piano chord at 0:29 kind of threw my ear off...

-but a great tune!

Ya I know where you're talking about.  If we ever re-record this, we'll fix that.   :D:D

On 5/24/2021 at 8:53 AM, KurtS said:

Nice song and strong vocal. 

Thank you for watching Kurt S.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:23 AM, Jesse Screed said:

David, I agree with almost everything everyone said.  As far as around 0:13- those few grace notes (right side, a harp vi?)

& the piano chord at 0:29, that's just David.

Just me?! :D:D  Thanks for watching jesse.

On 5/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

That was quite a vocal performance - and it's a fine song as well.  By the way, I liked the eagle at the end of the video.

I'm glad you like the eagle, it's kind of strange that the segment right before it is of a condor.  Thanks for watching and listening.

On 5/28/2021 at 12:32 PM, bjornpdx said:

David
Great song. Who's the singer?
I've taken a lot of pictures and videos of bald eagles. That pipsqueak call of theirs always amuses me.
-Bjorn

This singer is Jennifer McGill.  Ha, pipsqueak call, but they're really gorgeous birds, no?

On 5/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Dave, this is so great.  I LOVE everything about it.  So much energy in the music, singing and imagery.   The eagle fits perfectly.

😀 John B

We were a little  concerned that the lyrics were to artsy (qua poetry),but it does kind of all come together nicely.  Thanks for your kind appraisal, John.

12 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi David

what a great track - loved it, especially the vocal performance.

And the video is cool too, a great start - what video package did you use?

Nigel

I used premiere pro for this one, but I used zero transitions.  It needs some more fiddling.  Thanks for the kind comments nigel.

6 hours ago, Makke said:

Nice song with good vocal performance. 

Thank you again for watching.