Insert Committed Arrangement at Now Time & The Most Requested Features

murat k.

If we had a feature like "Commit Arrangement From At Now Time"  on the Arrangement section which is not affecting the entire project, but for partial arrangements in the project it would be very useful.

Like this:

880036726_CommintArrangementfromNowTime.png.2cef6e7eec6f8f6d07ee0487189f7e17.png

Edited by murat k.

We've recently added a "Create Arrangement from Selection" option to the Arrangements context menu. It  just missed the 2021.04 release, but will be available in the next release.

With this you can select a subset of arrangement sections and create a new / temporary arrangement from the selection.

This will allow you what you're asking. It's also useful if want to loop a subset of arrangement sections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

We've recently added a "Create Arrangement from Selection" option to the Arrangements context menu.

Thank you for your reply Mark but I'm requesting for "Apply Arrangement to the Existing Project from Now Time without changing the Entire Project" kinda thing.

I mean it is about applying the existing arrangement from Arrangement Section to the Track View, it is not about creating an arrangement from selection in the Track View to the Arrangement Section.

To be more clear, I don't want to lose anything in the project after I commit an arrangement.

image.png.91e61b6e61ce261ddb5c0af33f39768f.png

I just want to add the arrangement to the any time location of the project.

Also thanks for the new addition, it sounds great. 🙂

Edited by murat k.

57 minutes ago, murat k. said:

Thank you for your reply Mark but I'm requesting for "Apply Arrangement to the Existing Project from Now Time without changing the Entire Project" kinda thing.

I mean it is about applying the existing arrangement from Arrangement Section to the Track View, it is not about creating an arrangement from selection in the Track View to the Arrangement Section.

To be more clear, I don't want to lose anything in the project after I commit an arrangement.

image.png.91e61b6e61ce261ddb5c0af33f39768f.png

I just want to add the arrangement to the any time location of the project.

Also thanks for the new addition, it sounds great. 🙂

Thanks for clarifying -  so it's more like "Insert Committed Arrangement at Now Time".  This makes sense.

I'll discuss this with the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Thanks for clarifying -  so it's more like "Insert Committed Arrangement at Now Time".  This makes sense.

I'll discuss this with the team.

Nice to see the arrangement  is being upgraded :)   Any news you can share if a chord track is in the works?

17 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

This seems a very workflow specific requirement (ie. not that useful to a lot of people) - not saying it isn't, but what's the use case for this?

For adding partial arrangements to the composition of course. With existing situation we can't do that, it deletes everything except the commited arrangement sections.

Think that you are copying and pasting different ordered sections to the project in an easy way.

1 hour ago, Jesse Jost said:

@murat k. Thanks for the request. Why from now time instead of by  range?

Hi Jesse,

"From" is the wrong word that I used for explanation. I changed it in the topic. "At" is the right one. 

The request is simply about adding an arrangement to the project at now time without losing any existing data.

The new icon on the Arrangements section explains the usage graphically: 

Commint Arrangement from Now Time.png

When we click that button. It will insert the arrangement to the project. You can do it a couple of times if there is needed. If you want to add different arrangement to the project, select another arrangement from the Arrangements section and insert it where you want.

Edited by murat k.

I thought newly added section names would make confusion with the old ones, so when they committed, we need new names for them.

I tried to explain it graphically.
On the left side existing sections in the project.
On the right side inserted arrangement from the Arrangements Section with automatically given new names.
I changed the icon a little bit, now it looks more like exporting from the arrangement section.

Arrangement.thumb.png.616e0050daf118a63cf0390187cedcf1.png

This feature will work like "Ripple Edit All" command is active when we are pasting clips to the project. I mean when we insert an arrangement, it will move everything in the project by the amount of arrangement duration, otherwise we will lose existing section information.