A MOONLIGHT FLIT (flint) re mix

Paul Bush

Paul, you did well removing sibilance in this version (I think that's what people had commented on before)
I like how clear the vocal is - no problem understanding the lyrics. And the lyrics tell the story very well.
Not sure why the outro was repeated so often (the church bit)
I really enjoyed listening to this.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

Paul , this version seemed to have Way more power , especially on the chorus. I agree with Bjorn it could have ended a little quicker , I was listening while he posted and felt it before hand.  I also thought the keys track (other than piano) could be lowered a little. You've got quite a "wide" vocal range and used it all Very well.  Nice improvement from the last mix   that I also enjoyed ...  mark 

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1

I like this mix better than the last one.  Your vocal performance is very strong and emotive, and the EQ is smoother.  I have no problem with the ending, but a slow fade over the final few measures might work well.  All in all, very tasty!

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for all your input and you`re all right , it does rumble on a bit ,originally I wanted a question an answer type Gospel Choir and it got waylaid in the heat of the night and well...and so rumbled on , I think it`ll be faded out at some later date thing is once they got a tamborine in their hand there`s no stoppin em ..cheers

Hi , once again after every mixdown/post  i think I´ve nailed  it and then I listen once more and aggghhhh not what I anticipated  , so I´m doing another mix  sometime  in the future (fade out is no problem ) but i want more guitars up in the mix and the strings at the choir ending were too loud etc etc etc cheers all

Terrific demo of a terrific song Paul -- love your vox (esp. the immediacy and passion) -- lyrics are well done  -- this is very good work in that you took chances in the writing and the performance and it really paid off :)  -- Allan.

Edited by ABull
  • Like 1