[SOLVED] Bug: u-He Diva synth does not remember certain settings

GreenLight

The soft synth Diva by u-He forgets the quality settings when closing and opening a session... should I report this to u-He directly or is there some Cakewalk-specific debugging that only the Bakers can assist with?

I'm running the latest Diva (v1.4.4.9709) and Cakewalk 2021.01.

It's the Accuracy and Offline Acc settings that never save, and always seem to reset back to Great and Same:

image.png.e2f46921b0ea3b70a8deed3d8a2ef65b.png

Thanks for a great DAW!

Edited by GreenLight
Changed subject name (solved with Diva v1.4.5 update)

@Noel Borthwick I reached out to u-He about this bug, and they said this:

"this information isn't stored in Diva, but in the project file of your DAW.
We can certainly try to reproduce, but it makes more sense to ask the developers of
Cakewalk if they can look inside such a large project file and find out if the stored info
about the settings are "corrupted" in some way."

What is the best way to proceed? Is it "easier" for you to look at / debug this from an integrated DAW loading perspective, or should I ask u-He to continue?

Another thought: could my problem with u-He Diva be something similar to the u-He Presswerk VST process call issue that you discussed a couple of weeks ago? (Although in that discussion you specifically mentioned the VST3 SDK, but my problem occurs with the VST2 version. I haven't tested the VST3 version.)

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Can you PM me the contact for the person you are working with? I will get in touch and try and understand more.

Great, thanks Noel. PM sent! 👍

Let me know if you need any more info or project file for repro.

• 2 months later...

That's great. Yeah I got a message from them last week and was going to post and mention that it had been fixed by them. Its nice when companies are proactive to work together and resolve problems. It benefits everyone.

This is what they told me:

"We just released a round of updates for almost all plugins. Those include the fixes for the problems with parameters not being recalled correctly in large Cakewalk projects, as well as the crashes when reopening projects that used our VST3 effect plugins.  The only plugins not updated yet are Filterscape, MFM2, TyrellN6 and Uhbik. Those will receive updates later this year, or early next year. All others are now save to use within Cakewalk, after installing the current version."

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

TyrellN6  needs a fix for the VST3 in CbB - crashes on insertion (VST2 version works fine - and is also a fine synth).

If you want, send an e-mail to u-He at support@u-he.com and describe the problem and product version numbers.

I hadn't heard of TyrellN6 actually... and I see it's freeware. Is it good? How is it compared to, say, Diva?