PEEL - audio plug-ins with multiple output channels

sadicus

Edit:

I'll leave my answer here but I didn't answer the right question. It's about effects not instruments/sound generators.

CbB already does. You have to select the multiple outputs when the Insert Soft Synth Options window comes up when you first insert it. Select Instruments Tracks per Output. And you can also select them to be stereo or mono outputs. Lots of other options too.

Edited by Terry Kelley

2 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

CbB already does. You have to select the multiple outputs when the Insert Soft Synth Options window comes up when you first insert it. Select Instruments Tracks per Output. And you can also select them to be stereo or mono outputs. Lots of other options too.

This ^^^^.  One of my legacy soft samplers allows users to set up the plug-in to have up to 19 output channels. Cakewalk's insertion methods support them all, though I don't generally use more than 16.

15 minutes ago, scook said:

There is a difference between instruments with multiple outputs and effects with multiple outputs.

Ah, like reverb or EQ with multiple outputs? Hmmm. I can see where it would be useful although today I just duplicate the track and use different effects on each one. One effect with multiple paths out ...

Edited by Terry Kelley

1 hour ago, scook said:

There is a difference between instruments with multiple outputs and effects with multiple outputs.

50 minutes ago, scook said:

It is similar to the request for supporting surround sound plug-ins.

This is not something easily done by duplicating tracks.

Thanks for raising these points. I have some interfaces capable of multiple outputs (routed to multiple speakers) and have done some brief tests routing audio to multiple speakers (greater than two), but not individual multi-(greater than two)-channel  software FX processors/plug-ins.  

for anyone using PEEL in Cakewalk, this is from zplane support:

Hi!

Thanks for waiting for my answer. As promised, I just checked this for myself in Cakewalk and found the following things:

- There is indeed an option to duplicate a track in Cakewalk. You right-click on the track at the left side of the view. That is, don't right-click on the waveforms in the track, but right-click on the "mixer" settings. You'll then see the "Duplicate track..." option in the menu:

Then, in the dialog box that appears, be sure the put checks in the "Events" and "Link to Original Clip(s)" options as shown here:

That will then create an identical copy of the track where you can then invert PEEL on the duplicate.

- I also managed to reproduce your issue with the strange code shown in the Presets menu! This appears to be an issue with the VST2 version of PEEL, not VST3 (which is what I was checking last week). Once I tried the VST2 version, I could get the same strange characters as you showed:

I'm still not sure why this is happening, but it shouldn't affect your ability to use PEEL to separate the sounds out of your tracks...it appears to just be a cosmetic issue at the moment.

I hope the above information helps! Let me know if there are any other issues.

Best,
-Chad