Articulation maps being ignored

• 4 months later...

No one has answered :o(    I can't believe I am the only one that finds this frustrating, having to momentarily press the space bar having moved the now time in order to get the articulations to be applied. There have been several software updates since I posted but this has still not been fixed, Maybe this forum is the wrong place to ask for this?

Just to confirm that articulations are being ignored when using scrub in PRV. And yes it is frustrating. Hard to believe it's by design.

Wasn't able to repro the issue with "now time" - that seemed to be working, or maybe I didn't do it right (or wrong).

Steve

I can confirm that scrub is indeed skipping articulations.  This was an omission rather than by design.

I can also confirm:

• Only audio data / video is scrubbed in the track view/clips view - not any MIDI data
  • MIDI data is scrubbed in the PRV, but is limited to note events only.

We'll see what we can do about scrubbing articulations in the PRV for the next release, however given its limitation to notes, it may not give a 100% accurate rendering compared to normal playback.

Triggers shouldn't be a problem, but support for transforms may be limited. We'll need to investigate further.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:11 AM, Colin Cameron said:

No one has answered :o(    I can't believe I am the only one that finds this frustrating, having to momentarily press the space bar having moved the now time in order to get the articulations to be applied. There have been several software updates since I posted but this has still not been fixed, Maybe this forum is the wrong place to ask for this?

Maybe file a bug report?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies. I note that for the latest release the scrub tool now takes note of articulations which is a big step in the right direction. However, if the now time is moved, the articulation commands are still not being sent until play or (now) the scrub tool. Hence playing the note in piano roll uses the wrong articulation, and playing more notes on a keyboard uses the old articulation and not the one active at the now time. I have worked out how to file a bug report so I have done that.

3 hours ago, Colin Cameron said:

Thanks for the replies. I note that for the latest release the scrub tool now takes note of articulations which is a big step in the right direction. However, if the now time is moved, the articulation commands are still not being sent until play or (now) the scrub tool. Hence playing the note in piano roll uses the wrong articulation, and playing more notes on a keyboard uses the old articulation and not the one active at the now time. I have worked out how to file a bug report so I have done that.

Articulations are not sent 'on the fly' every time the now time is moved.  This is intentional so as not to flood the MIDI queue with events during editing.

Articulation events are only sent if the transport is engaged (i.e. playing/recording/scrubbing), or when you click on an articulation section.

If you want an articulation event to be sent when editing, click on that articulation section in the PRV.