Keyboard/mouse/hot key stickers

koikane

Hi few questions here. Is there any preferred “audio” keyboard or mouse? I need a new wireless combo for the studio. Any good place to buy current hot key stickers, or a set that works with the current version of Cakewalk? Budget is about $75.

32 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Looks interesting., Can you use the scroll ring for controlling plugin fx/synth's knobs and sliders, without installing any additional software?

My mouse takes very little room. Its a Logitech G500 and it is completely adjustable.  It works in a space no bigger then my hand.  To go from the bottom right corner to the top  left  corner moves  about less then 2 inches . Yet it is very easy to have fine control.  Its corded though.  They should have a cordless model that can do the same. 

I have a trackball for graphics and picture editing. But with cake I mostly use a cordless Keyboard and mouse, no probs with room for the mouse, since it's cordless . . . . the more I learn the key shortcuts, the less I need to worry about the mouse . . . 

Cheers 🍺

13 hours ago, chris.r said:

Looks interesting., Can you use the scroll ring for controlling plugin fx/synth's knobs and sliders, without installing any additional software?

It's exactly the same as a mouse wheel, so if the plugin supports a mouse wheel, then you can use it.

But to be honest, I've hardly used it for that. I mainly use it for scrolling the ProChannel modules & track view, and also for track view zoom (ALT + wheel) and track view time navigation (CTRL + wheel).

Check this out 🤣Cakewalk SONAR keyboard

Kinda outta your budget, but sort of "for the CbB user who has everything."

For mousin' I used to use a Logitech Trackman Marble, but really wanted to have a scroll wheel, so I recently switched over to a standard Logitech wireless mouse.

However, I just discovered a nice piece of freeware that will allow me to program one of the smaller buttons on the Marble to scroll with the ball, so I'm going to install that and try going back to it. I can really fly with the Trackman Marble. I just hope that the program will also simulate the left and right wheel action.

12 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Check this out 🤣Cakewalk SONAR keyboard

Kinda outta your budget, but sort of "for the CbB user who has everything."

For mousin' I used to use a Logitech Trackman Marble, but really wanted to have a scroll wheel, so I recently switched over to a standard Logitech wireless mouse.

However, I just discovered a nice piece of freeware that will allow me to program one of the smaller buttons on the Marble to scroll with the ball, so I'm going to install that and try going back to it. I can really fly with the Trackman Marble. I just hope that the program will also simulate the left and right wheel action.

I see this is for X2/X3.

The key mappings did change for Platinum, so you'll need to check that it's still valid. In saying that, the legends are pretty sparse, so it may be ok.

Another one is this, for a similar price: https://www.editorskeys.com/products/cakewalk-sonar-keyboard-backlit

12 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Whoa, Mark, if I had the cake (so to speak), I would so get that. I use a cheap lighted keyboard (so cheap that my right shift keycap has broken in half) because I like to work in subdued lighting.

One bit of weirdness, on the F key, which is "resize vertically," it shows a double-ended horizontal arrow.🤷‍♀️

BTW, what is with the emphasis on making it simple to fit the workspace vertically but not so much horizontally? I want to see the extent of my project across its length all the time without resizing the track heights, but there's no command to do that. I understand that I can work around it with screensets and return to previous zoom, but jeepers.

2 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

One thing can be said about those keyboard stickers, they don't always stay put. Then your left with sticky keys where labels once were.

If you can, go with pre order (painted). I believe they are still out there but costly.

I suspect this is down to the type of plastic used on the keys. Once I'd put the stickers on the keyboard I bought, they were near impossible to remove.

I've been using my keyboard for nearly a year now, and none are showing any signs of coming off.

I started out with a printed keyboard, which was fantastic... until the key mapping changed in SONAR making it confusing. I guess I could have changed the mapping back in SONAR, but I actually think the new key mapping makes more sense and I like to keep software as close to the default as possible.

Like you say, they're pricey... but even more so if they become out of date.