Spitfire Spring Sale starts May 24th

cclarry

I went ahead and splurged on BBC Core (upgrade from DIscover)--I like it...much more stuff than DIscover, and also has solo instruments, unlike Abbey Road, which I also have and like--eventually they will add modules for Abbey Road, the sound of the studios are different. 

I'd love some more of Spitfire's specialty libraries for film scores, etc., but this will have to wait, as I've splurged on a bunch of stuff from 8DIO, as well as today updating Komplete Ultimate to 13. So for now I may be done, other than lower priced items. Sigh--GAS strikes again...

• Like 1

If I may crash this party and kick some gear around and piss on the floor? 🦂

With the possible exception of the BBC orchestra, I honestly think Spitfire's "instruments" are overprocessed/saturated aural garbage. I'm not a professional composer, but if I were, the only use I could think of for stuff like Albion-anything would be quick sketching/prototyping and checking with the commissioner to validate soundscape or compositional ideas on a very general level and in very broad strokes. From there on out, I would proceed to replace them with more expressive and controllable instruments to produce actual music instead of the melodic ambient noise that is Spitfire's "big" sound.

As a hobbyist, I can think even less uses for this stuff, and by less I mean exactly zero.

I also suspect that precisely the sort of "press C3 for epic" virtual "instruments" that the Spitfire products represent must have contributed to the dullness and unimaginativeness of contemporary film music. I'm confused and angered by how BORING the "EPIC" conveyor belt music presented in most current productions is, and why myself and approximately the rest of the world seem to disagree (or that's just what I assume). Music has become increasingly sophisticated noise.

Sorry about the rant, but not sorry, because F'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dave Maffris said:

Gonna check out the upgrade price...maybe I will. I watched the videos, and yes, Pro is eons better, but $$$ made me wait. For today, anyway....haha.

In the meantime, you can already use Unify on Core. 

On 5/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, telecode 101 said:

hmm.. i look and i research and i walk. this stuff is too rich for my tastes.

Their older stuff is packaged in their player at $29 each. I think they are probably worth it.  IF I could do it over again I would have bought these than the old Sonivox stuff.