I found this video that was posted by Richard Buskin.  I think he took an official video and put his audio to it.  I took the audio out and put my version of Because.  I play instruments and do some vocals on it and @kiwichrys (from Bandlab) adds more vocals.  She did all 9 vocal tracks as I also did...but she handles the high McCartney part better.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack c. said:

how did ya handle voice processing?jack c.

Hi Jack - thanks.  For the vocals, I used Nectar 3 - and since I am not a great singer, I used Melodyne on some portions.  There are 18 total tracks of vocals, 9 for me and 9 for @kiwichrys.  Of those nine, there are three for each part (John, Paul and George).  It took some work with Melodyne to line them all up closely.

Steve , I just listened on a better system. It's much more balanced than I thought. I think it's mainly the voice that really cuts thru on the word "Blue" that is prominent thru out.    Again ..  Great job , You sure pick some great songs to do ..  mark

On 5/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, steve@baselines.com said:

For the vocals, I used Nectar 3 - and since I am not a great singer

you sound wonderful to me ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ya only use nectra 3 no compressor,reverb,delay?jack c.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jack c. said:

you sound wonderful to me ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ya only use nectra 3 no compressor,reverb,delay?jack c.

Those are all built into Nectar - I also sometimes send the vocals to reel adt (waves) but just a little bit.  And sometimes I use Vocal Rider (Waves) to even things out if needed.

Very good sounding cover of one of my favorite songs.  I'm listening on cheap headphones and it sounds balanced.  The arrangement reminds me more of the Beegee's cover from the Sgt. Pepper movie soundtrack than the original.  The lady from Bandlab and yourself do an incredible job on the vocals.

Bravo, bravo!  More, more!

Edited by Jim Fogle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

Very good sounding cover of one of my favorite songs.  I'm listening on cheap headphones and it sounds balanced.  The arrangement reminds me more of the Beegee's cover from the Sgt. Pepper movie soundtrack than the original.  The lady from Bandlab and yourself do an incredible job on the vocals.

Bravo, bravo!  More, more!

Thanks Jim - I appreciate your comment!

Steve, one of my top 5 fav Beatles songs. Excellent sound alike cover. Must have taken a lot of searching and tweaking to get the sounds right.
I've never seen that series of photos for the famous album cover. Very cool.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 6:56 PM, bjornpdx said:

Steve, one of my top 5 fav Beatles songs. Excellent sound alike cover. Must have taken a lot of searching and tweaking to get the sounds right.
I've never seen that series of photos for the famous album cover. Very cool.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn.  It did take a lot of time and research to get it right.  It's one of my favorites off of one of my favorite Beatles albums.

Steve