Ampeg- SVT Suite Plugin

Hidden Symmetry

30 minutes ago, Zo said:

Opticom is great , did ya tried the orange amp , i don't use AT bass amp that much either but the Trace Elliote , the orange and the Fender are exellent 

Sure! I have IK Orange collection and do think amp emulations there are great, although cabs are not so much.  I also tried Orange emulation by bx and, unfortunately, not impressed with it. I think AT, RV4 and Black Rooster have excellent Orange amp-sims, arguably, the best up-to-date.

As for IK Fender and Trace-Elliot, they still feel more like pedals than real amps, lacking that sheer dynamic range, creamy compression and juicy roar. Same is true for all other Fender amp-sims, which doesn't mean that you can't get great clean tones out of any of them.

• Like 1

I've used a SVT-PRO3 w/8x10 Rig professionally and on tour the past 15 years and I stand by the Amplitude SVX collection when I want to dial in the exact tones I was getting on the first couple of albums.  It's the exact tone and response, pretty spectacular.

BUT I loathe IK Multimedia and all of their unnecessary managers and authorizers and custom shop because you need to authorize what you manage to claim what you own in a shop that has its own currency that you can't get on the website and bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla,,,,,,crapware!   wearing the crap out of me dammit!  They even designed and sell wrists alarms that detect coworkers less than 6ft apart from you as part of workplace COVID safety wearable's .   I wish they would detect the nature of their business and stop with them apps.  I wanna play bass dude, time is precious!

I think Ampeg took from the SSL plug in playbook and charged 500% more than what audio software companies sell the authorized versions for.    SSL Native Channel $450 vs WAVES SSL 4000 Collection $60?   What is going on here?

• Like 1