Ampeg- SVT Suite Plugin

Hidden Symmetry

Introducing SVT Suite, the first-ever Ampeg plugin from the most trusted name in bass amplification. Watch Ampeg Product Manager Dom Liberati give an overview and demonstrate some of the sounds from SVT Suite.

The SVT Suite plugin features three of the most sought-after SVT amp heads: The HeritageTM 50th Anniversary SVT, the Heritage SVT-CL, and the SVT-4PRO. The amps can be paired with any of eight diverse speaker cabinets and third-party IRs may also be loaded.

Price: $199.99

https://ampeg.com/svt-suite/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Introducing SVT Suite, the first-ever Ampeg plugin from the most trusted name in bass amplification. Watch Ampeg Product Manager Dom Liberati give an overview and demonstrate some of the sounds from SVT Suite.

The SVT Suite plugin features three of the most sought-after SVT amp heads: The HeritageTM 50th Anniversary SVT, the Heritage SVT-CL, and the SVT-4PRO. The amps can be paired with any of eight diverse speaker cabinets and third-party IRs may also be loaded.

Price: $199.99

https://ampeg.com/svt-suite/

For $199.99 I think the IK ones will do just fine...

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 4

Price is crazy, but I like that there are new amps being coded. No one complains that there are too many Marshall emulations. There are WAY too few bass amp sims. I did an exhaustive comparison between most of the ones available and, although there are some great sounding ones, the ONLY one that actually felt like playing a real amp  was the Softube Eden emulation. The sound quality is way better than anything else I tried. There's just way more options for guitar.

Edit: If you want some great bass tones, use Airwindows BassDrive in front of the amp sim. INSANE tones.

Edited by Esteban Villanova
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Price is crazy, but I like that there are new amps being coded. No one complains that there are too many Marshall emulations. There are WAY too few bass amp sims. I did an exhaustive comparison between most of the ones available and, although there are some great sounding ones, the ONLY one that actually felt like playing a real amp  was the Softube Eden emulation. The sound quality is way better than anything else I tried. There's just way more options for guitar.

Edit: If you want some great bass tones, use Airwindows BassDrive in front of the amp sim. INSANE tones.

Nice to see a fellow Eden fan!

I agree that it would be nice to have some more options in terms of bass amp sims. I'm pretty happy with what I've got (all the IK and Bx Ampeg stuff + the IK Trace Elliot/Softube Eden). I'd be interested in a good Hartke and a more valvey Trace.

The price is a really tough sell when there are *already* really good Ampeg options available, and I think the gains are more incremental in the lower frequencies (at least with my hearing), so this offering would have to be really special to make me shell out that much.

Eden is he reason i m selling my neural dsp .... it s just my fav , if i need more dirt i open AT , but basically all one might need ...

Also the trace elliot is one of my fav seems we have some taste in comon ...

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Eden is he reason i m selling my neural dsp .... it s just my fav , if i need more dirt i open AT , but basically all one might need ...

Also the trace elliot is one of my fav seems we have some taste in comon ...

That Trace in Amplitube is really good. I have an early 90s Trace combo that (I think) was a series or two before the one IK emulated, but the sim is uncannily close! It also sounds like nothing else, which...can be a blessing or a curse!

Just now, Craig Fowler said:

That Trace in Amplitube is really good. I have an early 90s Trace combo that (I think) was a series or two before the one IK emulated, but the sim is uncannily close! It also sounds like nothing else, which...can be a blessing or a curse!

What made it an instant love was it's versability and ability to cover a wide range of scenarios , in an easy way , loved the level stanging indicator that makes using it right so easy for anybody ;)

48 minutes ago, Zo said:

What made it an instant love was it's versability and ability to cover a wide range of scenarios , in an easy way , loved the level stanging indicator that makes using it right so easy for anybody ;)

Are you talking about Amplitube 5 or Softube? Yeah.. regardless of my issues with the IK Multimedia installers and their marketing people .. the new Amplitude 5 workflow is handy.. I am waiting for a patch that will ease up load times.On my system, NeuralDSP loads up 100x faster than AT 5.

11 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Are you talking about Amplitube 5 or Softube? Yeah.. regardless of my issues with the IK Multimedia installers and their marketing people .. the new Amplitude 5 workflow is handy.. I am waiting for a patch that will ease up load times.On my system, NeuralDSP loads up 100x faster than AT 5.

Amplitube ... if ihad to keep one it will be it ....(amp sim not specially bass amp talk here) , it is simply unmatched , purist will talk witch one is the closest ect .. regular tech talk , but at the end , i trust my experience , and believe me when i'm in the primitive side of production dropping instant feelings ....i reach to AT , not because i know it better than others , simply because it always leeds me to the results ....

5 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I don't dig Amplitube bass amps. They sound kind of funny to my ears. Surprisingly, GTR3 is still alright for bass guitar processing, although normally I just use Opticom XLA-3  and a bass IR.

Opticom is great , did ya tried the orange amp , i don't use AT bass amp that much either but the Trace Elliote , the orange and the Fender are exellent 

15 minutes ago, Zo said:

Amplitube ... if ihad to keep one it will be it ....(amp sim not specially bass amp talk here) , it is simply unmatched , purist will talk witch one is the closest ect .. regular tech talk , but at the end , i trust my experience , and believe me when i'm in the primitive side of production dropping instant feelings ....i reach to AT , not because i know it better than others , simply because it always leeds me to the results ....

Amplitube is okay. I am impressed it can do 192k. Though I still can't fathom who does projects in 192k other than film and TV audio guys.

Edited by telecode 101

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

Amplitube is okay. I am impressed it can do 192k. Though I still can't fathom who does projects in 192k other than film and TV audio guys.

That's why i went UAD recently , Quality / upsampling allowing to use and work 48 k with native plugin that do oversampling ....

• Like 1