Affinity Photo half off sale

John K

Not a musical vst, but a photo editing software for those of us in need.

On sale for 24.99  and would be a no brainer at the full 50 dollar tag. The thing is incredible.

Was trying to get away from my old reliable Adobe Photoshop CS 9 to upgrade codecs and didn’t want to go with the wasting subscription only model they now have.

Searching reviews and blogs for opinions about the best Photoshop alternatives (cheap or free). Most of the low end softwares are okay, but fall way short of the glory.

Affinity Photo kept coming up as a strong contender and was mentioned by some pro photographers on the Earth and Sky website.

Report from the trenches is that Affinity is keeping up function against function with Photoshop adding a lot of features that my CS 9 does not provide.

Best damn 25 dollars I’ve spent in a long time.

They have a 10 day demo that you can create an account and get a serial number that gives a 90 day trial.

Editorial note. Licensing is a simple offline serial number with developer’s wish that you can install it on any of your own computers for personal use. It’s companies like this that I (we) need to support. Trial demo here:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/

John

• Like 1

So the deal is still going on.  I got all three. Photo, Designer, and Publisher.  Really great price for all three and the programs tie together nicely. Still learning them slowly.
My decision was based on Coreldraw going subscription based like Adobe.  

• Like 1