Arranger Fonts

rfssongs

I like to use the Arranger track to lay out my lyrics. I don't need it to tie into midi notes as in the lyric view, however the font is a little small to read while I am singing. So could the font be enlarged a bit ?

Edited by rfssongs

I'm not convinced changing the arranger font size is the best solution for this.

I too used to use the sections for at least the first line of the lyrics as a reminder, but nowadays I use Melda Productions' MNotepad which comes with their free fx bundle:

using_mnotepad_for_lyrics.gif

1. Put Melda Productions' MNotepad into your Master effects bin (or the metronome fx bin if you feel this is more appropriate)
2. Hide the Keyboard within MNotepad
3. Copy your lyrics from wherever you have them (e.g. Notepad) to the clipboard (CTRL + C)
4. Click the Edit button on MNotepad and paste in your lyrics (CTRL + V)
5. Press the Close button on MNotepad's Edit dialog
6. Change the font to a large one, e.g. Large 3
7. Dock MNotepad in the MultiDock, and resize the multidock if required
8. Create a new automation lane on Master, assigning it to MNotepad's "Scroll" parameter
9. Using the Arranger Inspector for navigation, add automation nodes at the various lyric sections
10. Change all the envelopes to "Jump" shapes
11. Using the Arranger Inspector for navigation, click on each section and move the automation node so it shows the correct lyric at the beginning of each section

TIP: You can put this specific layout in its own screenset, so it doesn't restrict you resizing the multidock in other screensets for other operations.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I think that would be innovative to enhance the arranger as a collaborative tool for musicians sharing BandLab files.  Not only lyrics but also comments (and yes bigger fonts on more than a single line)  would give an even more something special to BandLab :)

Edited by sergedaigno
  • Like 1

As screen resolutions keep getting finer it would be nice to be able to adjust the Arranger font to suit the users need.  Since the Arranger bar is a new feature perhaps the Arranger font size is something that can be added to the Theme editor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...