Cakewalk Studio Instruments not found in menus

Hello,

I have used the following Cakewalk Studio Instruments in the past 

SI-Bass Guitar (Synth Rack)
SI-Electric Piano (Synth Rack)
SI-String Section (Synth Rack)

They are located here:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments

I have that path in the Preferences\File\VST Settings\VST Scan Path, but after scanning, they still don't show up in the Insert Instrument dialog.

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit and CW version 2021.04 (Build 144, 64 bit)

I imagine it's something simple but I'm stuck.  Thanks in advance for any ideas to help me get these instruments back.

Cheers!

Marc

search for this folder

... \Cakewalk\VstPlugins

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/7589-access-to-studio-instruments/&do=findComment&comment=68417

"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments" is data folders of Studio Instruments.
.dll files are in each plugin name folder in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins". and this path is default VST scan path. So Studio Instruments should be scanned automatically when Cakewalk startup if you are using default settings.
If it's not still appearring as VST instruments, click "Scan" or "Reset" and then "Scan" at VST Settings in the prefference.

• Great Idea 1

Thanks Patrick,  you're right.  I checked an installation of CWBL on a different DAW and the Studio Instruments DLLs are in the C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins.

On the DAW where I can't find them, the DLLS were missing from the Vstplugins folder.  As you noted, the Data folders are there and I mistakenly referenced them in the post above.  My bad.

I tried copying the DLLs from the DAW where they are properly installed/working to the DAW where they are missing (copying them into C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins).  Rebooted and rescanned VST plugins, but they still didn't show up in the Insert Instrument dialog.

I've tried to use Bandlab Assistant to install them again (Studio Instrument Suite Add-Ons), but they are already selected as of they are installed.

I can't figure out how to contact support.  I rarely have a need to and the website isn't forthcoming with information how to engage support.

Thank again for helping.

Marc

P.S.  I read the other post you linked to and tried this user's idea:

I followed some of the mentioned threads and I subsequently removed all entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Installers from the registry and now BA is installing the add-ins. I see the Studio Instruments mentioned in the extracting files window, so I guess this will solve my issues. Thanks very, very  much for your support. 

That worked!  I have them back now.  Thanks Patrick!

Edited by Marc Keefer