No Output Sound

Notes & Nuts

Question

Hi I'm a newbie with little DAW knowledge.  I input some short midi tracks from band in a box.  When I hit play in Cakewalk there is no sound output.  I'm using a UA-4FX sound module and I've select TTS-1 as the synth.  I do have a Ketron SD2  hard synth, but it's turned off.  I don't have a sound card.  Sound output works for everything except Cakewalk.  I do have the latest driver for the ua-4fx.  I'm using  win 10 pro 64 bit.  my pc is a dell xps 8930.  

5 answers to this question

I would recommend starting out with some of the Cakewalk Tutorials either on Youtube or through the Reference Manual.  You mentioned Band in a box which is going to add another layer of complexity. Try to just get a simple instrument track with some midi notes on it to play back first. Check your audio input and output settings in the preferences to make sure you have your audio device (UA-4FX) selected using the correct driver mode, Preferable ASIO if your device has one,

I finally have sound for manual midi input and audio files.  I think the issue for imported midi files is with TTS-1.  After importing the midi file and dragging TTS-1 into the project and hitting play, there's no sound.  Nothing happend on the TTS-1 screen either.  It's as if there's no communication between Cakewalk and TTs-1.  It has to be some setting that I'm not aware of.

You Open midi files. You only import midi clips. Tts1 will automatically load if you have nothing checked in your settings for midi device output 

min my signature is a link to my tutorials on basic midi set up and using tts1 

Edited by John Vere

Solved.  I figured it out.  I had not selected the tts-1 as the output for each track.  I had my sound module as the output.  Not sure how I solved this either.  Just kept trying to try different things.    Thanks for the helpful responses.