Sampletron 2 Released

SmokeyJ628

21 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

If it’s included for free in Total Studio Max 3 for a limited time, I’ll bite

No such luck...and not even an "upgrade" from SampleTron 1...only a $149.99 crossgrade price,
and no additional "In Cart" discount....no thanks...too much

• Like 3

Congrats on the launch, IK. I think there are some instruments here that are rare outside of Sampletron and the M-Tron expansions.

Though just as some feedback, may sit this one out... the decision to not support v1 and its siblings from loading in ST4, require mac users on newer OSes find an old machine to run ST3 to import and re-export, and to have the "real" way to get those sounds into ST4 now be $250 minus crossgrade discount ($200->$149 for crossgrade on intro) is slightly frustrating. I know v1 is an old product but would be nice to know the ST3/ST4 libraries will load on future versions indefinitely. But to have a positive note, thanks for trying multi-tiered loyalty discounts on MixBox recently!

Edit to add: the page shows v2 includes v1 as legacy content. I think I have mine exported; would be nice for other v1 users to have access to that subset of that library but I know that might not make business sense.

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Love Tron songs. But because most of their charm comes from their “lo fi” nature😂, I’ll stick with my original S3 imported sounds.

Using the tape algos that we do on this leads to some really nice lo-fi sounds.  Some of the audio demos are pretty "crunchy" and/or "fluttery" etc.  Though many are played by Luca Zabbini so they're also impeccably played which doesn't help 🙂

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Using the tape algos that we do on this leads to some really nice lo-fi sounds.  Some of the audio demos are pretty "crunchy" and/or "fluttery" etc.  Though many are played by Luca Zabbini so they're also impeccably played which doesn't help 🙂

Lol. If playing is the criteria, all of my sounds would be considered lo fi. 😆

Edited by LAGinz
  • Haha 3

30 Jampoints added to the accounts of users with Sampletron 1.  Not too exciting.  That's almost as useful as the recent $25 of NI coupon.

IK's sales strategies always make it feel like you should just keep waiting.  I suspect that has led to me buying fewer products of their's than I otherwise would have.  I just assum that if i wait a little bit, there will probably be a better deal.  Rinse and repeat.

15 minutes ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

30 Jampoints added to the accounts of users with Sampletron 1.  Not too exciting.  That's almost as useful as the recent $25 of NI coupon.

IK's sales strategies always make it feel like you should just keep waiting.  I suspect that has led to me buying fewer products of their's than I otherwise would have.  I just assum that if i wait a little bit, there will probably be a better deal.  Rinse and repeat.

I didn't get 30 Jampoints and I've had the 4 Sample Instruments since release...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Liking those demos...

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

I didn't get 30 Jampoints and I've had the 4 Sample Instruments since release...

I had to log out and then back in to get them.  Once I logged back in, I clicked on Products in my account.  See if that works.

18 minutes ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

I had to log out and then back in to get them.  Once I logged back in, I clicked on Products in my account.  See if that works.

Nope...did that 3 times...logged in, and back out.  Nothing.  

I'm a sucker for Tron collections. I own the first Sampletron, M-Tron Pro, all of Puremagnetik's Tron libraries, Tronsonic's Tron libraries, Sonic Reality's Infinite Player Tron libraries and several others and yet I still want this. I'm a Tron addict. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

I don't own TS3 MAX but my price was $149 and I added 45 jambpintz discount for a grand total of $104.99.

I had 83 pointies and after this purchase I still have 61.

Even though I own everything it never ends does it?

• Haha 2