AudioModern releases ChordJam

Brian Lawler

https://www.jrrshop.com/audiomodern-chordjam

$39.95 at JRR using coupon groupauto, regular price $59.  May be an intro sale.  Audiomodern is not showing it on their site at this writing.  Youtube links with info at JRR

Release notes:

What is Chordjam?

Chordjam is an innovative plugin that builds chords and progression patterns through intuitive user-guided randomization.
It automatically randomizes a unique combination of parameters, serving up unpredictable but always-musical variations.

CHORD BETTER THAN BEST

IGNITE MUSIC CREATION • A NEW APPROACH

Unlike similar plugins, Chordjam uses intuitive user-guided randomization to go about its business,
bringing new elements for musical expression and delivers limitless inspiration and musical variety.

Built to Deliver
Limitless Inspiration and Compositional Variety

Features

Generate Random Chords
Trigger New Chords with Every Note Played
Unique Voicing Parameters
Intelligent Sequencer Engine
Arp Mode
Chord Progression & Pattern Presets
Generate Infinite Chord Patterns & Progressions
Everything is Synced to your Host tempo
Drag MIDI Chord
Drag MIDI pattern
Pads Section for Musical Performance

Quick Load preset Section
Choose Quantization settings
Suffle & Shift Mode
Advanced Infinity Mode
Set Sequence range & Motion Settings
Set Range for Transposition, Time-Delay and Velocity
Save & Load your own patterns
Send MIDI to any Device, Software & Hardware
Advanced MIDI CC/Mapping editor
No Two Chords will Ever be the Same
Delivering limitless inspiration and musical variety

Edited by Brian Lawler
More info

Riffer is single note "melody" or "riff" oriented.  This is chord oriented. I will certainly take a look at this one, as I have a large collection of MIDI tools that I depend on to prop up my "creativity"🙄 .  Scaler 2 is top of the heap in this (chord based) category, IMHO.  I have both AudioModern's Riffer and Playbeat, and while I have gotten some great output from them, they are truly random generators, without the ability to apply any  harmonic (other than scale) or meter based rules to kind of reign in the random creation to more musical output (like Captain Suite or Orb Producer, for example).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I asked this Q above .. if you already own RIFFER is Chordjam similar, worth buying too?

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Riffer is single note "melody" or "riff" oriented.  This is chord oriented. I will certainly take a look at this one, as I have a large collection of MIDI tools that I depend on to prop up my "creativity"🙄 .  Scaler 2 is top of the heap in this (chord based) category, IMHO.  I have both AudioModern's Riffer and Playbeat, and while I have gotten some great output from them, they are truly random generators, without the ability to apply any  harmonic (other than scale) or meter based rules to kind of reign in the random creation to more musical output (like Captain Suite or Orb Producer, for example).

Or go nuts - feed the output of Riffer into Chordjam and see what comes out 🤪

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

It didn't take me long with the demo to sell me, even though I have Scaler and many others.  The YT videos stayed with rather short phrases, but if you drop the sequencer step length to say 1/4 notes, you get an 8 bar phrase (@ 32 steps), etc.  Drop tempo and fiddle with the randomization features to get some nice ambient stuff out of the right synths.  The Euro/USD conversion for the 29e loyalty code was $35.52 (I use a card that charges no foreign transaction fee) , so not much better than the $39 deal from Plugin Boutique.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

Didn't get any discount. All I have is Riffer.

Likewise. I will probably go with PB. I also have Scaler and Riffer and other midi stuff but this adds to the toolbox. One of the things I like about ChordJam is the chords change octaves as I play up and down the keyboard. I am not sure I am sold on the sequencer though.

• Like 1