new demo- "hear the call"

bats brew

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/hear-the-call-demo

ok, this is a guitar riff song.
kinda fun, i wrote it before i heard the lyric.
so, i guess the song is general reporting, lyric wise.

i'm still playing with the arrangement of this,
it's all kinda thrown together...

will probably re-record all the vocals, maybe write a bit more depending on arrangement changes.

so, looking for lyric ideas to add, arrangement changes, or stick a fork in it.

also, i really like this drum kit, this one is the first one that i've built from scratch with the toontrack program...

what do you folk think?

• Like 1

Good stuff man. Is it a lot of work to build toontrack drums? I've only used Jamstix which is pretty damn easy to put a basic track together. I do like your drums, they sound pretty real. Is that EZ or superior drummer?

Edited by KurtS

7 hours ago, KurtS said:

Good stuff man. Is it a lot of work to build toontrack drums? I've only used Jamstix which is pretty damn easy to put a basic track together. I do like your drums, they sound pretty real. Is that EZ or superior drummer?

hi kurt!

thanks for listening man, appreciate it....

it's the superior drummer 3.0, and the 'rooms of hansa' is the kit/rooms i'm using.

very easy to build it up, you just have to spend the time it takes to demo all pieces of kit, then select the ones that work best with the room and room mics.

superior is a huge step up from most other programs, imho.

i dig it.

there are several distinct rooms and sets of kits for the rooms in the hansa SDX, and i'm trying to build a 'signature' kit for each room.

4 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Sounds great to me those drums are really well put together must have taken ages , I struggle with my toontracks 2 so i can appriciate the hard work put in so far

hey paul, thanks for listening!

the drums are so fun to work with...

writing the parts, vs choosing the drum kit pieces, is really two different scenarios,

the choosing of kits is really run..

the writing is more a case of finding the base groove, then arranging it with fills and other similar grooves..

i typically spend a couple of hours puttin g the basic groove together, then i will edit them all as i record the parts,

so they start to jive more together...

so, really, not that long, once you've got the hang.

this is superior drummer 3.0 i'm working in, and the expansion pack is Rooms of Hansa.

1 hour ago, jack c. said:

leave as is great job.jack c.

thanks jack! i've got it finished in my sights, but there will be one major arrangement change...

and the funny thing is, i have a 'radio edit' arrangement in mind, which brings the song down to only 3 minutes long.

even tho i can't find any radio to play it on.

LOL

Bat, you could just hit Rec and start noodling and I'd listen to it.

I've been a Superior Drummer user since forever, even before that's what it was called. Started with the Drumkit from Hell, remember that one? Yeh, it sucked, but those folks have been steadily perfecting the tech over the years. To this day SD3 never ceases to impress me with its versatility, whether using a brush kit on smooth jazz or smackin' it for some Batsbrew-style hard rock.

6 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Great lyrics and a funky riff and great playing as always. You know you have to finish it, right? If it was mine I'd call it done already, ha.

hey kevin! thanks for the comments....

i'll finish it for sure,

but i have to attempt at least 2 other arrangement changes before i know if i'm done or not

6 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Bat, you could just hit Rec and start noodling and I'd listen to it.

I've been a Superior Drummer user since forever, even before that's what it was called. Started with the Drumkit from Hell, remember that one? Yeh, it sucked, but those folks have been steadily perfecting the tech over the years. To this day SD3 never ceases to impress me with its versatility, whether using a brush kit on smooth jazz or smackin' it for some Batsbrew-style hard rock.

man, wouldn't that be cool,, just noodle along, and it's always dialed in!!

heheh i throw away more than i ever keep.

thats the sad truth.

but hey, life is short, put it all out there!! that's my motto.....

SD is a great program.

the hansa expansion kit is my favorite to date, tho, i'm using a couple of those kits very frequently now.

may become the 'signature' bats brew kits, if i ever finish deciding.

time is the enemy.

• Like 1