Live An Automaton's Life

Douglas Kirby

On 5/19/2021 at 7:46 PM, mark skinner said:

Cool !   I Very much enjoyed it.  Maybe the addition of an 60's old style keyboard track would be my only suggestion .   mark

Thanks Mark - yeah, I went with a synth on this one instead of an organ - it could have went either way I guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Doug - like the track, sounds good but re Jacks comments about the Bass,   what bass are you using? I don't think it needs turning up, I think it's just a bit muddy, if that describes it!

otherwise all good

Nigel

Hi Nigel - I played an Ibanez SR500 bass on this one - I picked it up about 15 years ago. It has a good variety of tones to it. I'll give the bass in the mix another listen - I used Amplitude on the bass track - it has a decent number of bass amp sims in it.

Doug, I think you should make a video of you singing and playing the guitar.

I really liked this phrase (at 0:51 - 1:07 and at 2:13 - 2:30) I thought it should be the main theme that the rest of the song returns to. Not asking for much. 😁
-Bjorn

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Doug, I think you should make a video of you singing and playing the guitar.

I really liked this phrase (at 0:51 - 1:07 and at 2:13 - 2:30) I thought it should be the main theme that the rest of the song returns to. Not asking for much. 😁
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn - I've never made a video of me performing - perhaps I should give it a try - good suggestion.

You seem to have liked the prechorus sections - interesting. I tried to make the lyrics all about being an automaton.

Edited by Douglas Kirby

Douglas, you are on a roll!  You are consistent in your approach, and your music always takes me to a better place.  You have taught me to take another look at TH-U, and I appreciate that; it is one of the more versatile amp sims.  Well done.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:33 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Douglas, you are on a roll!  You are consistent in your approach, and your music always takes me to a better place.  You have taught me to take another look at TH-U, and I appreciate that; it is one of the more versatile amp sims.  Well done.

Thanks for listening Lynn - I appreciate it.

On 5/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, ABull said:

Oh yeah, like that smokey guitar opening -- very good demo of your song Douglas -- but put some vox harmonies on that sucka :) -- Allan.

Thanks for listening Allan - perhaps I'll add some harmonies like you suggested.