Pro Channel is always on?

Yury Blokh

Hi

I created project template for my needs, but every time I open it  has Pro Channel open in Inspector. I close it and re save it as new template. But when i open it still has Pro Channel open. Please help what should I do? I want to open Pro Channel only when I need it

I don't think you can do that. Inspector will always open whenever you start a session (open project or load a template).

Pro Channel will always have at least Glossy EQ (non removable) in audio track / bus.

Anyway, you can close inspector immediately after opening a session with keyboard shortcut "i".

Sorry I cannot reproduce the problem using CbB 2019-03 build 20.

When I create a project template the active tab in the inspector is stored in the template. If no tab is specified the inspector opens which the channel strips displayed. IOW, a project created from the template shows the inspector as it was saved in the template.

Are the templates stored in the default template folder?

Do they overwrite existing factory templates?

I don't think Glossy EQ is inserted by default in Pro channel. I often have to insert it into new projects that didn't previously have it inserted. These are existing projects though - not new projects from " normal default" template.

Edited by RBH

Windows does not block Cakewalk. Never did.  

On my machine running  Cakewalk the Prochannel is off until I turn it on for a particular track.  If a template is opening up the Prochannel and turning it on that was set that way when the template was created. At least that is my understanding.

I am pretty sure that the OP's issue is that Inspector is open, not that Inspector happens to have ProChannel visible in it. I doubt he'd be any happier if it were Track or Clip details.

He's probably trying to keep a clean screen to the left of the Track View, to have more room for clips and waveforms, etc.

For the record, I am running a Windows 10 system with the latest update, and Inspector is not open when I start my projects. Congratulations synkotron on the most outside guess I have yet to see.  I suppose it's not 100% impossible that something that Microsoft changed to help protect against data theft could be preventing Yury's template from loading with the Inspector View in a closed state, but I'm more inclined to think that it's a Cakewalk setting.

My guess is that it's a Lense issue. He may have saved a lense with his Inspector open, then created the template using that lense.

Yury: call up your template, then set your screen up the way you want it, with the Inspector closed. Save that as a Lense, one of the global ones, from the dialog in the upper right corner. Then save your template again with that lense active and see if it behaves.

10 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think he probably doesn't want to have to do that every time he opens a project based on the template.

He's already said that he's tried closing it and saving the template again.

I agree with post above the one I posted. I think it can be solved by the OP starting over.

Windows 10's new Ransomware "feature" blocks most applications that want to store information in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming folder.

In the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk folder are kept the following sub folders:-

image.png.66142e9efd4cdc235b530c1fe7d29b31.png

So if any preferences or settings are stored in any of those folders you usually have to add Cakewalk.exe to the list of allowed applications.

At least that is how I understand it, and I have had issues with Cakewalk, REAPER, Sound Forge, amongst other until I add them to that list.

I am not saying that this is the issue here. I did say that it is a long shot...

6 hours ago, John said:

That is if it is turned on. If it is off it does nothing.

Oy vey. Another "protection" (racket) from Microsoft that does more harm than the "threat" it's supposedly trying to "protect" me from, because clueless ding-dongs can't resist clicking on every "You've just hit jack pot!!!" and cute cat animation that shows up in their Inbox appearing to be from their friend at aol.com.

Is this feature enabled by default? I see that it is not on any of my systems. Perhaps it will be another year or so before I will have to find a policy or registry hack to disable it.

Thanks for bringing it up, synkotron. There seems to be no lengths to which Microsoft will not go to prevent people from being able to make full use of our computers.

The ultimate endgame is if they prevented users from logging on entirely, so the computer could just sit there computing away, not doing anything for us, but perfectly safe from viruses, malware, and ransomware.

16 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

The ultimate endgame is if they prevented users from logging on entirely, so the computer could just sit there computing away, not doing anything for us, but perfectly safe from viruses, malware, and ransomware.

But you'd still have to buy a new PC every so often, to keep up with new technology.

• Haha 1