Melodyne/Upgrade Sale

cclarry

On 5/19/2021 at 8:01 AM, Yan Filiatrault said:

JRRShop sells it for 83.16$ with GROUP code

Even cheaper at the FX Chain...

SPECIAL OFFER

20% OFF ALL Melodyne Products PLUS 34% OFF on ALL Upgrades

Use code: JGY5ZVY2446E at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.

https://thefxchain.com/

Price for upgrade from Assistant to Editor is $79.20 with the code...
so all the $99 upgrades are probably that price...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Their licensing is flawed except for using an iLok.  This is also why the universal installer can be flawed.  Online deactivation seems to be broken.  You can deactivate  a machine that had the version they give away.  Download the new installer and the previous license will still remain instead of the Studio version. When you click in the essential version to upgrade it will take you to their page to buy a license instead of entering a serial number.   You also really can't change anything in the registry to fix it either.  This is the second time I dealt with this.  Support accused me of being rude despite their lack of literacy after telling me 7 times to do something after doing it 3 times. 

A DAW with ARA might sound great but DAW upgrades can break older versions of Melodyne and you hope either Celemony or DAW developers fix it .   This happened when S1-4 came out and broke Melodyne 2. 

FL Studio and Live have something similar.  I once  ran an audio to midi conversion in Live and Melodyne and both had different results. One was not better over the other. 

A DAW bundled with Melodyne Essential is not really a bonus.  I think I've collected more free licenses than the Izotope Elements.

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

Even cheaper at the FX Chain...

SPECIAL OFFER

20% OFF ALL Melodyne Products PLUS 34% OFF on ALL Upgrades

Use code: JGY5ZVY2446E at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.

https://thefxchain.com/

Price for upgrade from Assistant to Editor is $79.20 with the code...
so all the $99 upgrades are probably that price...

Awesome, thank you! I just upgraded from Studio 4 to Studio 5 at 79.20$, registered at Celemony website.

On 5/19/2021 at 4:02 AM, Yan Filiatrault said:

Finally time to upgrade Studio 4

I upgraded from Studio 4 to Studio 5 last year at this time. FWIW, I paid $136.85. $80 sounds pretty good!

Edited by John Maar

• 2 months later...

Audio to MIDI Public Service Announcement (sorry, doesn't belong in this thread, but I figured those interested in Melodyne are probably subscribed to this)

Melodyne 5 Assistant allows you to convert audio to MIDI (including polyphonic audio).

HOWEVER, you cannot EDIT polyphonic audio with Assistant.  Editor or Studio are required for this.

Had I known this, I may not have been so quick to upgrade from Essential to Editor.