Melodyne/Upgrade Sale

cclarry

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes, agreed. I do this now.

All that I really have found that I use Melodyne for is note correction for vocals, every now and then a guitar part. And audio to midi conversion.

Not saying or suggesting that Melodyne is a bad product, far from that. It is a great product that I want to use. Just not really that excited about the upgrade this time around.

That's what I've been using it for as well (fixing solo vocal tracks, and audio to midi), but I just have Assistant 5.  So, is there not a compelling reason to upgrade?

1 hour ago, ALC said:

That's what I've been using it for as well (fixing solo vocal tracks, and audio to midi), but I just have Assistant 5.  So, is there not a compelling reason to upgrade?

Same thinking here. Why get Editor if you have Assistant?

They just did me a good favor.

i bought the v5 upgrade from editor v4 and they supplied me with an upgrade to v4 to fill my needs trapped at win8.1 while also giving me a future upgrade to v5 if I can ever use it.

I’m a happy camper. I do a lot of multi voice harmonies so the studio's option for multiple tracks simultaneously in a single view seems so very inviting.

• Like 3

Keni, that's great.   

You can get Windows 10 from ~~>  PC WORLD  for about $89.99 per single computer license.  Windows 10 Home is only $69.99

Get it and save it for when you decide to switch to Windows 10 . 

Edited by jesse g

13 minutes ago, Keni said:

They just did me a good favor.

i bought the v5 upgrade from editor v4 and they supplied me with an upgrade to v4 to fill my needs trapped at win8.1 while also giving me a future upgrade to v5 if I can ever use it.

Now that is some nice customer service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jesse g said:

Keni, that's great.   

You can get Windows 10 from ~~>  PC WORLD  for about $89.99 per single computer license.  Windows 10 Home is only $69.99

Get it and save it for when you decide to switch to Windows 10 . 

Thanks Jesse.

Probably not gonna happen anytime soon. Win10 install fails on this machine due to hardware age. Replacing this machine is not reasonable for me. I was gifted a mac pro with dual xeon 3.06Ghz 6core processors (12 total) and 64G RAM. The cost if this machine's replacement would be near $10k. So for the foreseeable future, I am trapped with win8.1 which other than some issues such as this update, I am quite comfortable with. Funny how I hated win8, but 8.1 runs well and painless and not suffering the update plague of win10.

While it would be nice to have melo5, I really wanted studio more than 5. $199 was an acceptable upgrade for that and I now own license to melo5 should I ever need it.

I love using Melodyne Studio 5 for easy, spot on vocal doubling. As you can see from the pic, I've used the Vocals track as a guide, and it appears in grey. Now I'm able to line up the double track within a few seconds, and it is spot on. You can see the three notes to the left that I have not touched,  but the notes to the right are aligned perfectly.

melovox.png

• Like 2