Melodyne/Upgrade Sale

cclarry

32 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

How does this relate to the Melodyne offer?  I'm on the fence about updating to S1 5 but maybe this makes it more compelling?

I think he’s referring to the Melodyne Studio 4-5, not Presonus S1 4-5.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

How does this relate to the Melodyne offer?  I'm on the fence about updating to S1 5 but maybe this makes it more compelling?

If you’re on the fence about upgrading Studio One and getting Melodyne 5, watch this and good luck resisting!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Melodyne Studio is great. OTOH I don’t think 4-5 was a huge update.

I've had 4 have authorization issues after 5 was released on one system and then their support mad it worse.  Their licensing tilts toward "suck".  While you have a 2 machine limit only one can be put on iLok.  A hardware iLok seems to be a good failsafe for Melodye. I wish both authorizations can be on another iLok. 

I’ve always used the non-ilock authorization on two machines. It’s worked pretty well with one big exception. Whenever the BIOS on my computers is updated, the authorizations are lost. You then have to go on their site and deauthorize the activations…then reboot and reauthorize through the standalone. I find their support to be pretty good actually.

55 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

To those who upgraded from Studio 4 to 5, did you find the update worth the price and what specifically do you feel makes it worth it?

Pro Tools integration

E.g., Suppose that you have Melodyne Studio 4 and don't want to upgrade to the Melodyne Essential 5 available in your Avid account because you'd lose all the "Studio" features. If you try to use Pro Tools "Audio to Midi" it will fail because Melodyne 5 is not installed

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I've had 4 have authorization issues after 5 was released on one system and then their support mad it worse.  Their licensing tilts toward "suck".  While you have a 2 machine limit only one can be put on iLok.  A hardware iLok seems to be a good failsafe for Melodye. I wish both authorizations can be on another iLok. 

Even as an owner of only one ilok, I also think this is pretty lame.  I thought about getting a second so I could just have the two physical iloks but the practice of this one manufacture was my hold up.  Basically never even use Studio 4 as it is anyway but I like to think I'd have the ability to use it when I want to regardless of the compuer.  

Also annoying that you can't have 4 and 5 simultaneiously installed on one computer even if you have two seperate seats for each product.  

Say Essential 5 and Stuido 4.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

Yeah, I do find very annoying that you can only have one version of Melodyne on any one machine. I was really ticked when 5 came out, since they were giving away the “improvements” to Essential users, but charging $150 to Studio owners ,their best customers, for the same improvements! Then , to rub salt in my wounds I could not use new features from an Essential installation without deauthorizing my Studio 4!!

15 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Even as an owner of only one ilok, I also think this is pretty lame.  I thought about getting a second so I could just have the two physical iloks but the practice of this one manufacture was my hold up.  Basically never even use Studio 4 as it is anyway but I like to think I'd have the ability to use it when I want to regarless of the compuer.  

Also annoying that you can't have 4 and 5 simultaneiously installed on one computer even if you have two seperate seats for each product.  

Say Essential 5 and Stuido 4.

Melodyne may become a thing of the past since some DAWs have something similar,

• Like 1