EastWest Installation Center problems with Opus

Hi folks,

Has anyone had problems installing the Opus libraries using the EastWest Installation Center? I signed on to Composer Cloud this week in order to give them a try, and every time I attempt to download and install via the app, I get a "Disk is Full" message.

The drive in question has 4 TB free, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. All of the other drives in my system are not full either, so I have no idea why I'd be seeing this. Other large libraries (like 83gb Stormdrum 3 library) will start to install without a problem. But any of the Opus Libraries..."Disk Is full."

I've opened a case with EastWest, but have not heard back yet. Curious if anyone here has experienced this.

Thanks,

Rob

• 6 months later...

Hey @Amicus717 I've always had issues with opus on both my pc and Mac but I've found a way around it. so if you go into the actual plugin in your daw you'll notice the database button beside your libraries button. Click that go to your desired instrument/sound go to the cloud beside it and right click. Then download to your correct directory(where you want or keep all your sounds). This way for me is actually better then downloading everything at once and gives you the option to pick exactly what your looking for without overexerting space. Hope this helped. Cheers.

Edited by Jay Legere
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay Legere said:

Hey @Amicus717 I've always had issues with opus on both my pc and Mac but I've found a way around it. so if you go into the actual plugin in your daw you'll notice the database button beside your libraries button. Click that go to your desired instrument/sound go to the cloud beside it and right click. Then download to your correct directory(where you want or keep all your sounds). This way for me is actually better then downloading everything at once and gives you the option to pick exactly what your looking for without overexerting space. Hope this helped. Cheers.

Hi Jay, and welcome aboard. Appreciate the suggestions, and thanks!

However, to be honest, I've kind of moved on from Opus (and EastWest in general). I still pull up one or two of their instruments every now and then, but my full template is mostly Kontakt, Engine 2 and VSL libraries, all of which are generally better and easier to use than the EastWest stuff. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2021 at 7:43 PM, Jay Legere said:

I totally agree with you. With their attention to detail East West libraries are massive. So it's better to keep only what you need. But I'm unable to do even that. For some reason when I download any instrument it shows an error saying that it could not find a json file called catalog.txt was not located. Please help me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this today.

"The Hollywood series especially requires midi CC data for playback. Not sure why cakewalk/sonar does this but their default setting is to have controller information zero on playback. You can turn this off by going to Project >> MIDI >> Preferences and turning off "Zero controllers when play stops" and "Patch/Controller Searchback Before Play Starts" (that later option changed terms at some point in Sonar - I believe in Platinum - to now be "MIDI Event Chase on Play".

Additionally, we do not support Cakewalk anymore since the release of the Opus Edition collection and Opus engine, but if it's an issue with the Play engine in there, we can assist as much as we're able to.

Not sure how to fix that problem - see related post to understand if we're in the same boat.

Willard

Edited by willard cottrell
2nd paragraph omitted

• 6 months later...
On 12/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, Jay Legere said:

Hi @Jay Legere, thanks for this suggestion! I'm not seeing the database button or the libraries button, though. Any chance you can give more detail on where those buttons are? Thank you!

EDIT: never mind I found it! Thanks!

Edited by JamesU

On 2/7/2022 at 5:50 PM, willard cottrell said:

Additionally, we do not support Cakewalk anymore since the release of the Opus Edition collection and Opus engine,

WTF...  I guess I missed that fine print.
TBH I've barely used Opus since I got it due to a combination of personal & computer issues (my audio computer died and had to be replaced) but as Cakewalk is my main DAW that is disappointing news.  I probably would not have upgraded had I realized that.

• 1 year later...

I am using East West program I contacted support they want to me to do something I'm not comfortable with I can not get it to work at all I even installed Ableton and still not working it was working but not every time I try to use standalone version it just closes I can't load anything. I been trying on off I uninstalled re install  it mapped good to my mid keyboard then not then I tried my mid controller the same thing then it read my mid keyboard or controller not found I got a extra storage to download music files that was suggested to me but that's not working I'm really frustrated . As right now I have a program I can't use. Can someone help me I'm using laptop Windows 11 computer.