Tax Time

57Gregy

Sat down last night to do my taxes and I tried to download some forms.
Has anyone else gotten a badly-formatted 1040 form? It's only half a page here:

1040.png.5de45dfaf622863218c0c00726db4abf.png
Just wondering if everyone got this and it's okay to send in or should it be full page.

AFAIK, that is the full first page of form 1040. I just grabbed a copy of f1040.pdf from irs.gov and it agrees with what I filed earlier this month. Page one looks just like the image posted. The forms changed quite a bit this year. For example, line 6 references a new Schedule 1. There are now 6 numbered schedules that hold details that used to be on form 1040.

Thanks, scook. I just wondered if anyyone else saw what I saw. I did get both pages,  just posted p. 1 image.

I'll send it in.

Plus, I thought it was supposed to be simpler. I haven't had to look at the instructions for years using 1040EZ. Bah!

3 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Plus, I thought it was supposed to be simpler.

That was before it went to the vote. By that time it had changed so much. If I am remembering correctly, we were supposed to be able to do it on a post card!

2 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Sat down last night to do my taxes and I tried to download some forms.
Has anyone else gotten a badly-formatted 1040 form? It's only half a page here:

1040.png.5de45dfaf622863218c0c00726db4abf.png
Just wondering if everyone got this and it's okay to send in or should it be full page.

That's actually form 520...

To be clear 1040-A and 1040-EZ are not used this year according to https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040

For Tax Year 2018, you will no longer use Form 1040-A or Form 1040-EZ, but instead will use the redesigned Form 1040. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.

However, if your return is more complicated (for example you claim certain deductions or credits, or owe additional taxes) you will need to complete one or more of the new Form 1040 Schedules. Below is a general guide to what Schedule(s) you will need to file, based on your circumstances. See the instructions for the Schedules for more information.

Individuals who filed their federal tax return electronically last year may not notice any changes, as the tax return preparation software will automatically use their answers to the tax questions to complete the Form 1040 and any needed schedules.

The Form 1040 link on the same page is for a two page pdf. The first page is in the OP.