My new desk

Bapu

I have sooo many problems with this! First off, great picture. Looks like a great place to work.

1. Too damn clean. I'm jealous. See my pic.

2. You have no room treatment. WTF? Is that beige pull-down shade thing behind your monitor actually doing any absorbing? 

3. one monitor? does your mouse heat up while you are mixing? But seriously, look how tall that monitor is! Do you show drive-in movies on it during the weekends?

4. The midi keyboard is way high up, do you move it down when playing, or do you stand up while you play?

6. where are the stacks of useless Computer Music free dvd's, each with over 2GB of discount sonic maximizers and fresh beats?

5. where are the milk crates, the cinderblocks, and the plywood strapped across two of your dead mother's nightstands? Again, see my pic.

6 Lastly, get rid of your MAcke HR-824 mk II's. They hype the bass too inexpensively. You need to pay a lot more $$$ for proper monitors that hype the bass at a much greater cost.

Overall, yours is a worthy effort, just deficient in inefficiency.  How do you ever achieve auto-erotic asphixiation with a headphone cord? I thought that was mandatory.

1883238895_yeoldestudiusinterruptus.jpg.f45a5f45b6785f2d3579f6c16470353f.jpg

All seriousness aside, your studio rawks, dude.

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul

2 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

I have sooo many problems with this! First off, great picture. Looks like a great place to work.

2. You have no room treatment. WTF? Is that beige pull-down shade thing behind your monitor actually doing any absorbing? 

3. one monitor? does your mouse heat up while you are mixing? But seriously, look how tall that monitor is! Do you show drive-in movies on it during the weekends?

4. The midi keyboard is way high up, do you move it down when playing, or do you stand up while you play?

6. where are the stacks of useless Computer Music free dvd's, each with over 2GB of discount sonic maximizers and fresh beats?

5. where are the milk crates, the cinderblocks, and the plywood strapped across two of your dead mother's nightstands? Again, see my pic.

6 Lastly, get rid of your MAcke HR-824 mk II's. They hype the bass too inexpensively. You need to pay a lot more $$$ for proper monitors that hype the bass at a much greater cost.

Overall, yours is a worthy effort, just deficient in inefficiency.  How do you ever achieve auto-erotic asphixiation with a headphone cord? I thought that was mandatory.

1883238895_yeoldestudiusinterruptus.jpg.f45a5f45b6785f2d3579f6c16470353f.jpg

All seriousness aside, your studio rawks, dude.

-Tom

I like it!  This is only missing some black light bulbs!  Hehe...

13 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

1. I've had clutter for over 10 years now. We'll call it spring cleaning.

2. Those are homemade rockwool absorbers. I have two on either side, two on my back wall and two above me.

3. I love my 30". What man would not? Yeah, getting used to how high up it is.

4. I barely play the keys anymore (doing less and less MIDI these days) and so sitting up high is perfect for me.

6. I too sometimes wish I could number my tracks out of order like this,

5. They were sold at the last yard sale.

6. Ah here is the real #6. IK Multimedia ARC for the speakers and Sonarworks for the M-50s. 'Nuff said. 

20 hours ago, Grem said:

Tom you got a nice setup there too!

31 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

I thought it was okay until I saw the lava lamp.

Yep.  Definitely the wrong color!  😆

(And you should consider getting a second one for stereo too!)

17 minutes ago, craigb said:

Yep.  Definitely the wrong color!  😆

(And you should consider getting a second one for stereo too!)

Oooooh! Great idea, like a purple one! Anyway, didn't mean to hijack bapu's desk thread, so back to how nifty his stuff is. Godliness is next to his desk, methinks.  Maybe one century I'll clean up my act and start my own thread.