Slip-Edit moves the clip data

marcL

Sometimes I have a slip-edit problem with certain clips. When I try to slip the beginning of the clip either to the left or to the right the clip data moves in the opposite direction. Snap is disabled and this happens either with the Smart tool or the Edit tool. I also get the correct cursor for slip-edit. The strange thing is that slip-edit runs properly on other clips. It also doesn't help to close the program and reopen the project. Any ideas?

Also if I slip-edit such a clip and zoom in (ctrl right), then the clip data is moving arbitrarily, but not with each zooming step.

Edited by marled

It changes in relation to the time bar (the project has only 1 single tempo). If I set the now time a bit before the audio start in the clip (but after the clip start) and slip edit, then the audio starting point moves either considerably before or after the now time depending of the slip-edit position. But beginning from a certain point to the right (I guess it is the original clip start) all performs as it should. But as I mentioned this problem does not happen for all clips, only for some.