Waves Tax Day Sale

cclarry

55 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

R-Bass:  Melda MBassador

That's an interesting one, will check it out, thanks!

I've been on a lookout for R-Bass alternative way too long now 🤤.

Edited by chris.r

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

What's so great about Scheps 73? 

The sound. Based on Neve 1073 console. 

But to be honest I really like IK TR version the EQ 73 better. I like the character of it better than Scheps 73.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Lets not forget the Lindal Audio 80 for Plugin Alliance.  

Yes and I have that one too. Have not got around to using it in a project yet. 

Really like Lindell plugins. Especially the 254 and 354 comps and that TE 100 eq!!

On 5/17/2021 at 8:31 AM, Paul Young said:

I actually bit on the Dave Aude EMP for system #3 for under $50 at EP. 

Right now I'm dealing with Waves over my free plugin. EP claims  that I'm eligible according to the Waves pricing model.  Part of the problem is my yahoo account blocks all Waves.  Maybe the free plugin got blocked.  This shouldn't be that much hassle since it was registered. I paid $46 from EP. If Waves denies it, that is bad for 3rd party vendors and will sour me relationship with Waves. 

Edited by Paul Young
  • Sad 1

So since I bought it from EP they acted like this:

As you can see it was below $50 therefore did not qualify. With that said we will make a one-time exception and honor your request.

As you know EP gives a larger discount for members and beats the others. So now I'm discouraged on these offers to buy via 3rd party.

They way it should be handled is after registering on Waves and it meets their price range you should get it right away.

So it's like they did me a favor but it was I who did them a favor by buying into their lame licensing.  Hopefully this is the final straw for me but I'm stupid. Try kicking that football again Charlie Brown.

Maybe the whole thing could have been avoided if I checked my account to find out my main email blocked Waves,

After further review of the play...........Waves is still on my shit list. Sure I got my free plugin.

For their sales - As you can see it was below $50 therefore did not qualify. With that said we will make a one-time exception and honor your request.

From Koby -

That's definitely an error at Waves end.

Waves don't know and don't care how much you actually paid. They consider THEIR price for it.

Probably a one-time glitch or a mistake by your specific support person.

It never occurred to our buyers before, but if it will happen again
I will sort it out with them.

I did let Waves know if they thought they were doing me a favor, this incident has made me even more reluctant.  The exception would be $29 WUP on my Gold/Maxx licenses.

• Sad 1

^^^What he said...

Waves only cares about the "Waves Price After any valid discount"...so what you paid at EveryPlugin,
like Koby said, is irrelevant.  Sounds like you had a crap rep to deal with....and they're out there.  They
think that they are doing the company a favor by "berating you", but as you said, it's the exact opposite!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

If needed, Koby always helps out. He’s like my guardian angel in Waves land. But I still thoroughly dislike WUP. 

The sad thing is since I stopped buying Waves Koby hasn't made any money from me lately except for the latest Melodyne offer.

A sign of a plugin junkie/***** is if you dislike Waves and yet get their stuff when it's free. That may have to stop.

I’m also absolutely done WUPin. Was able to get  my favorites WUPed up to the level where the GUIs were actually large enough to read (by completing a few collections on sale)….and that’s IT!!!

you are luckier than me. I did not receive yet the email from Waves for my free plugin -_-

edit: just went to the free plugins page an I have the "get free" buttons there

edit 2: when I click that button, it says I am not eligible for a free plugin 😩

edit 3: I received the "get your free plugins email" and I am still non eligible for a free plugin 🤬

Edited by Pollux

4 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Is it normal you have to send the EP Invoice to Waves to get the free plugin?

No it's not.  The only requisite by Waves is that they are registered at the same time.
Where they were purchased is irrelevant.  Like I said, this customer service rep sounds
Like a a "real winner"

• Like 1