Waves Tax Day Sale

cclarry

Are there any plugins that you just can't live without from Waves?  I don't care about WUP because I don't participate, nor will I.  I have Scheps Omni Channel which I use from time to time but haven't bothered with the rest.  I hear the API 2500 is a great tool to tame amp sim fizz but haven't tried it.

29 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Are there any plugins that you just can't live without from Waves?  I don't care about WUP because I don't participate, nor will I.  I have Scheps Omni Channel which I use from time to time but haven't bothered with the rest.  I hear the API 2500 is a great tool to tame amp sim fizz but haven't tried it.

My favorites are H-Delay, Linear phase multiband and Vocal rider.

32 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

VU Meter and Dorrough. My two go-to plugins for gain staging. 

I really like Abbey Road Chambers specially for drumkits, and Non Linear Summer gives a very nice final touch to a mix.

The rest of the stuff I have are useful, but not unique/irreplaceable

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Unfortunately there are. Vocal Rider, Scheps 73, Scheps Parallel Particles are the ones that come to mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My go-to-s:

Vocal Rider,  R-Bass,  Scheps 73,  Scheps OmniChannel,  L2,  MV2.

I do have alternatives for all of these (except the omnichannel), but in general I find the Waves ones much easier/quicker to use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

My go-to-s:

Vocal Rider,  R-Bass,  Scheps 73,  Scheps OmniChannel,  L2,  MV2.

I do have alternatives for all of these (except the omnichannel), but in general I find the Waves ones much easier/quicker to use.

What are your alternatives for Vocal Rider and Scheps 73? 

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I do have alternatives...

And what is your alternative for R-Bass? :) AFAiK there are no alternatives for it. The ones considered as an alternative do sound too much different to me.

Edited by chris.r

I've been thinking about getting the  Nashville headphones plugin and Torque for changing the pitch of drums and would love to get the insights of forum members who have used these plugins. I really don't have sound engineering/mixing or mastering skills and appreciate tips from knowledgeable/experienced folks. 

The waves plugins I keep going back to are

Yes, there are other plugins that do similar tasks but the ones above are the easiest for me to quickly find the settings that I want without much effort

• Like 2

For those of you asking what my alternatives to Waves are:

Vocal Rider:  HorNet AutoGain / Melda  MAutoVolume
R-Bass:  Melda MBassador
Scheps 73:   Analog Obsession BritChannel
L2: Melda MUltraMaximizer
MV2:  Melda MDynamicsMB 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I like DynaRide of TBProAudio. It is very similar to Vocal Rider, but it has more options. It can also be used for riding bass, thus you do not need an extra BassRider!

34 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

For those of you asking what my alternatives to Waves are:

R-Bass:  Melda MBassador
Scheps 73:   Analog Obsession BritChannel
L2: Melda MUltraMaximizer
MV2:  Melda MDynamicsMB 

What's so great about Scheps 73?