Reason 11 Sale

cclarry

Particularly interesting given the upgrade policy:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021575659-Do-I-get-a-free-Reason-12-Upgrade-

If you have bought and registered one of the following products:

Reason 11

Reason 11 Upgrade

Reason 11 Suite

Reason 11 Suite Upgrade

Reason 11 Upgrade for Intro/Lite

on or after May 1st 2021 you will automatically receive a free (grace-period) Reason 12 Upgrade upon product release date (September 1st 2021).

• Like 2

I upgraded Reason every year from version 3 to 6, but after they came out with the Rack Extensions they lost me.  It was the new stuff in each version that hooked me.   And after I stopped using it for years...

But $80 (with code) for Reason 12 sounds pretty good.  There's some decent stuff in the Rack.  I like Europa.  And who knows what 12 might bring. 

Anybody know how long this sale is on? 

Reason Studios announces Reason 12

Reason Studios has announced today that Reason 12 is coming later this year. The new version, which will arrive about two years after the release of Reason 11, is set to bring many new features and a much improved user experience, Reason Studios says.

According to the developer, one main goal for Reason 12 was to improve the Rack experience. To achieve this, they’ve made the user interface high resolution. Reason Studios says that you’ll be able to zoom in and out fit your setup, and they claim that all 3rd party Rack Extensions will be high-res ready on the day of the release. That’s pretty big news, and it has the potential to bring a significant improvement to the user experience.

Reason 12 will also feature an all-new Sampler, which will be a significant upgrade to Reason’s current sampling capabilities. The new Sampler will cater to library playback and ad-hoc sampling, and feature „new ways to play your samples“, the company says. We’re curious what those will be!

To bring it all together and ensure a smooth workflow, Reason Studios has also given the Combinator a complete overhaul. The developer says that they’ve implemented many user requests, such as more CV inputs and controls, as well as easier programming and more patches. The goal is to let you build Combinators that feel like new devices. You can create custom interfaces using your own images and custom panel sizes, and build your own set of macro controls. That sounds very nice!

Last but not least, the new version of Reason will come with a new sound bank that takes advantage of all the new features. It’ll also include an improved browser, so you can find your stuff more easily. The weekly Reason+ packs will also make use of everything that’s new in Reason 12.

Release date

According to Reason Studios, Reason 12 will be released on September 1st, 2021. Reason+ subscribers will of course get access to the new version immediately when it arrives. We don’t have any pricing information at this point, but that’ll arrive when the release date nears.

https://www.gearnews.com/reason-studios-reason-12/

• Like 3

Looking on the site it appears that Reason Studios no longer sells the Suite directly. Everything that used to be in the Suite seems to be now subscription-only. 

Maybe the Suite will always be available through stores, but anybody who wants it might want to consider getting it now   

• Great Idea 2

5 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Looking on the site it appears that Reason Studios no longer sells the Suite directly. Everything that used to be in the Suite seems to be now subscription-only. 

Maybe the Suite will always be available through stores, but anybody who wants it might want to consider getting it now   

Yes.  Reason Studios confirmed (on their forum yesterday) that Suite is discontinued for 12 and later.  Kind of puts us 11 Suite owners in a quandary as far as "catching up" with the after v 11 releases.  Pay per pieces wanted, or go to subscription (Reason+).  I think the current deal for Suite 11 is as good as it will get for those that want to get the goodies and avoid the sub.

• Like 1

The Reason Studios rep on this forum https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7523102&start=25  says any purchase/registration after May 1 is good for the free upgrade to 12.  Scroll down and look for user MattiasHG.  Also note that he said "Yes, if you happen to find a Reason 11 Suite that, too, will be upgraded to Reason 12 if you register it during the grace period."  So I might take that to mean that no more "Suite" SKU's are going to resellers.

Edited by Brian Lawler
Emphasis
  • Thanks 1

It's a funny thing, but the more I look at this, I am more interested in Reason+ than I am in regular Reason.  I'm probably going to pass on regular Reason 11/12.

I don't think you get Friktion with the Suite, and you certainly don't get Algorithm.  Those are two of the things I want the most.and probably more that I could horse around with for a month.  I never thought about the packs, but they intrigue me. Having all those complex hookups with the Reason Players (including the Pattern Mutator)    I know I will get more out of Reason if I had all those instruments and all those packs.

The problem is that after the first year it goes to $20 a month.  But by then I would know if I'm enjoying it or not.  If I don't use it much it will be easy to just let the subscription lapse.  

I am paying for all kinds of subscriptions, from Photoshop to Premiere to Netflix to Hulu.  And if I think about all the money I put into keeping up with Native Instruments, it would be a LOT cheaper to pay $20 a month to them.   Maybe I will sign up for the free month to check it out...   I wish I had more time. 

If the yearly subscription was always $139, I would be up for it.

54 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It's a funny thing, but the more I look at this, I am more interested in Reason+ than I am in regular Reason.  I'm probably going to pass on regular Reason 11/12.

Well, if you want to take it for a spin, this code splice-reasonplus-90 seems to work for a 90 day free trial.  I would hope that they come up with some kind of discount on Reason+ again when version 12 drops (around the end of the 90 day trial)... maybe?

• Like 1