How to stop notes from every take lane showing in piano roll?

Dylan

Question

I am sure this has been asked a million times but i was unable to guess the correct words to search the forum on.

The way i am used to editing midi is to double click on the midi data in track view, opening it in piano roll view so i can edit it.

However in Bandlab when i do this instead of the piano roll view showing just the midi notes in that track/tracklane, it shows a huge jumble of notes in different colors that i think are every note from every take all superimposed on top of each other.   Possibly midi notes for other tracks as well?

Im currently doing a test recording in Bandlab where i have put down a scratch midi keyboard track and two takes of midi drums.   Im stuck at editing my takes, because piano roll view shows every midi note from every track, rather than just the clip / track / tracklane that i am trying to edit.

I am seeing three "view"menus all above each other when i open piano roll, i have checked off and on boxes with no success, and would rather not tinker as i have no idea what the buttons im pushing do.

How do i open a midi editing screen that shows just the notes in the current track or tracklane, and not every midi note from every track superimposed?

thanks,

Edited by Dylan

2 answers to this question

Seem to have made progress - switching on "hide muted clips"in the piano roll view menu might be the answer.  I was focusing my efforts on the middle view menu with the display submenu, that i now suspect only applied to the track view screen.

• Thanks 1

Muting clips and enabling 'hide muted clips' is only necessary when you want to hide notes in different lanes of the same track. To show only the notes of one track, you just need to open the Track Pane at the right side of the PRV (View Show/Hide Track Pane. This gives multiple options for filtering what you can see and edit. Normally it will default to just showing the track you double-clicked as you expect:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.10.html