Pretty sure we can all relate to this lol

Zo

Oh yes......I can relate...

I was once asked to make a 4hr round trip to attend a short meeting with a single item on the agenda to be discussed......

To establish a suitable time/date on which all the attendees would be able to attend a longer meeting.

I wish that was a joke, but it isn't.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, marled said:

What has it to do with CbB and the new tempo track? I wonder?

More than you think lol i guess i'm pretty sure Noel can relate some great story with roland or gibson lol

• Like 1

Ohhhh man!  This is exactly the type of stuff that made me want to work by myself!

(Of course, the flip side is that it allows you to do just about anything and claim that anything they don't understand is simply because "they" are not experts! 😁 )

• Great Idea 1

25 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

I've seen a development request with a hand-drawn sketch and the immortal words "like this, but better".

Heh, when I was a consultant to Verizon Wireless (their current name, they went through several during the seven years I was there), we were shown a "feature" that a competitor came up with (Cingular's text messenger) and told the same thing! 😁

Please note that I was able to fulfill the request!  As you'll notice below, all seven transparent red lines (including the green, the balloon and the kitten) are all perpendicular to each other!  It looks even better than I expected it would, the customer should be very happy!

Losers!

Awesome, ya? 😜

I couldn't watch it all the way through. I got a severe anxiety attack. 

I got an email the other day from my last employer saying how great it is there now and asked me to come back. I left there 9 years ago and they still email me every year or two. I remember calling my wife and I broke down crying on the phone and told her I had to quit I couldn't take it anymore. I'd leave at 7am and get home between 10 - 10:30 pm 5 days a week and 7am to 5pm saturdays. It was unreal. You had to complete the calls they gave you before you could go home and the dispatchers were completely clueless as to how long certain jobs took. Ever replace the tub bearing in one of these new high efficiency front loading washing machines? FYI they are designed to fail. You end up with the empty shell with all the guts laying all over. They called it a shell job. Now have 5 of those to do in a 150 mile radius in rural Iowa on top of 8 other "quicky" calls. It was horrible. I haven't worked since and have just been doing my own thing. My wife has a good job so I can get away with it. This email says it all ...

Screenshots_2021-05-18-09-19-35~3.png

14 hours ago, craigb said:

Please note that I was able to fulfill the request!  As you'll notice below, all seven transparent red lines (including the green, the balloon and the kitten) are all perpendicular to each other!  It looks even better than I expected it would, the customer should be very happy!

Losers!

Awesome, ya? 😜

That, good sir, is not a kitten, it's a tiger from Joe Exotic's place.