SD3 not behaving as expected

I believe I have SessionDrummer 3, in the Plugin Manager I find "sessiondrummer" and when I highlight it the file name is session drummer 3. But when I load it as an instrument it doesn't behave the way I'm used to. Generally I would always get an Instrument Folder with all the individual drum tracks, kick, snare, etc. Now I don't seem to be able to make it do that, even when I choose Advanced and "create folder"... I can get it to make individual tracks but they aren't assigned to an instrument. What am I missing?

I discovered I can get that configuration if I load the Softsynth track from the Right Click option in the instrument bay instead of the +(add track) option at the top, but I still don't get the correct Piano View.

Except now I discover, when I do it that way, it records the drums as audio, not midi... quite confused.

Edited by Richard Schweitzer

Hi Richard,

In order to get your individual drum tracks to correspond to the drum kit pieces respectively, you have to go into SD3's Mixer and assign each channel strip output to a track (e.g. kick to track 1, snare to track 2, etc.) found at the bottom of each strip.  See print screen below:

image.thumb.png.595993e3124c23f66c5a2714b6e1fbe6.png

Thanks. I've never had to do this before... I have discovered that loading the plugin from instrument panel right-click give me a different result as opposed to the "add instrument" + sign at the top of the panel gives me a more desired result. Also, still trying to figure out why it's recording the drums as audio. I got it to work correctly for me yesterday, but I'm honestly not sure what I did. I guess it's recording both midi and audio, I don't remember it doing that over the last few years, maybe that's why I don't know how to change it. But on today's project I've got the individual drum assignment, but it's recording audio again as well as midi. I'll keep playing with it.

Edited by Richard Schweitzer