Wave 24 Hr Flash Sale - Delays and Reverbs

cclarry

Is there ever a point where Waves isn't having a sale? Not to get technical (which means I'm getting technical), but the FTC actually has regulations on exactly the kind of practices where, as you recently put it, a sellers offerings are perpetually on sale --- that is, the full retail price isn't really reality.

That's totally the case with Waves. Of course, you could say that it doesn't hurt anyone, but it's not exactly honest either. At this point, I would actually feel sorry for a non-wealthy musician/producer who stumbled upon any Waves plugins and bought them at full price. I mean, the odds are against that anyone could actually buy at a point Waves wasn't having a sale, but in the rare instance that someone does, and if they purchased at that price, it would be a bit disappointing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Is there ever a point where Waves isn't having a sale? Not to get technical (which means I'm getting technical), but the FTC actually has regulations on exactly the kind of practices where, as you recently put it, a sellers offerings are perpetually on sale --- that is, the full retail price isn't really reality.

That's totally the case with Waves. Of course, you could say that it doesn't hurt anyone, but it's not exactly honest either. At this point, I would actually feel sorry for a non-wealthy musician/producer who stumbled upon any Waves plugins and bought them at full price. I mean, the odds are against that anyone could actually buy at a point Waves wasn't having a sale, but in the rare instance that someone does, and if they purchased at that price, it would be a bit disappointing. 

Waves never had many sales years ago so people paid the full retail price.  As more devs came along the market changed, with their sales they're very affordable now. Like anything else if you don't shop around for a better price that's on the buyer, not the seller.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

WUP is still based on the retail price, and all the plugins are not eternally on sale that is the loophole.  They might always have some kind of sale going on for some of the plugins, but that doesn't mean you can pickup Omni-Channel for $29 365 days a year.  

Only time I'll get WAVES plugins at this point is when they are free.  Otherwise not interested, even at the "sale" prices.  With other plugin shops like Plugin Alliance, Melda, Audiority, IKM, Kazrog, and even Boz I find it hard to get locked into 1-seat and unreliable installs/activations.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yes on their WUP.   My Gold WUP costs more than what I paid for them.  They make great stuff but their licensing is dinosaur.  If I had to do it over again I'd probably only get their RennMax and be done with it.  If they ditched their WUP you would probably never see the $29 plugins again.   My WUP for everything I have is $547.86  The cap does not apply.

Edited by Paul Young
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Yes on their WUP.   My Gold WUP costs more than what I paid for them.  They make great stuff but their licensing is dinosaur.  If I had to do it over again I'd probably only get their RennMax and be done with it.  If they ditched their WUP you would probably never see the $29 plugins again.   My WUP for everything I have is $547.86  The cap does not apply.

😨

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Is there ever a point where Waves

you can insert IKM, Softube and all the others in this sentence as well. The all these guys, the same rules apply. Its best to get the bundle when it goes on 50% sale. You get stuff for $5 to $10 .. depending on product and vendor.

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Just WUP there beehive

I haven't purchased a WUP in about 5 years. They all still work but I only use a handful of them anymore, plus they haven't released any new ones I'm interested in. I used to go through Waves Universe, around $165.00 for the bunch; Mercury, AB, SSL.. Unfortunately  Waves Universe is no more.

• Like 1