Drum Replacer - bug or limitation?

Jürgen B

Question

Hi,

with my latest project I started to use the Drum Replacer after installing it via BandLab Assistent.

Since the recording of the Snare is very dynamic and Toms, Hi Hat etc. bleed into it, I wanted to deal with sections of the track separately in Drum Replacer instances on each section.

It all worked fine up to five instances of Drum Replacer. But the next instance doesn't work anymore. When I create the Drum Replacer region FX, the UI opens in the Multi Dock but no waveforms are shown and no triggers found (see attached screen shot).

Is there a limitations how many Drum Replacer region FX instances can be used within a project?

I tried to remove the existing instances (after pulling out the MIDI tracks) but this didn't help. In this project it seems to be impossble now to create Drum Replacer instances anymore. So I expect this is rather a bug?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

empty Drum Replacer.png

Edited by Jürgen B.

2 answers to this question

Not sure why, but it works again.

Maybe the problem is related to bypassing some Region FX instances? Or Cakewalk had a hiccup and closing the project as well as the application eventually helped (but not the first time). After restarting Cakewalk multiple times with different projects and finally re-activating all Region FX instances in the project, the new instance of Drum Replacer showed  up as desired.

The trick with regional effects ( RFX)  is to use them and then render the clip so the RFX is gone. 

With drum replacer I extract the midi data and drag it to a midi track because I don't like any of the built in samples. I use this data to trigger Addictive Drums.  Once I have my midi data I undo the RFX. I will now have the original audio track and the midi data to match. 

This goes for working with Melodyne too. I open the clip in Melodyne, fix it and then render. You can always re open but I've never had to. 

I think that RFX if left active build up in the memory of the project and slow everything down. 

• Thanks 1