Reefer Fiction

bjornpdx

Reefer Fiction
I haven't been around here much lately because I just can't seem to complete anything musical.
This song wasn't going anywhere either so I put it in the 1938 public domain movie Reefer Madness.

So this is my short take on Reefer Madness. Hard to believe how wrong they were about the effects of marijuana but perhaps they were being deliberately wrong.
We now have legal marijuana shops, but for most of the 20th century marijuana possession could send you to jail for a long time. Hard to believe how things have changed.

Thanks for watching/commenting.

Bjorn

brilliant stuff - i was made to sit through films like this when I was at school - the one i remember was called the Dinner Party I think - everything was going well at the dinner, then someone got out a joint then all hell, ***** and pillage begun!! we were all a bit bemused as when we smoked all we got were the munchies!! we did ask the Teacher if she could get us some stuff like the stuff they were smoking in the film, but she was not impressed!!!!!

Great stuff

Nigel

• Like 1

Makke - thanks for watching and commenting
Nigel - I remember seeing "educational" movies like this where they'd warn you that smoking that stuff could kill you.
David - I think the movie is still playing at theaters that specialize in cult favorites
Mark -  good luck with your governor. Seems odd that some states like mine (Oregon) has recreational cannabis shops everywhere but it's illegal in adjacent states.