Issues with VSTi's (Roland Cloud mostly) and Korg Volca

Nick Howes

Some issues since the last update with previously recorded tracks that use the Roland Jupiter 8 and SH101 (cloud VST versions), but not a major issue (the sounds had reset) to get back to how they were, and then store then in the VSTi/Patch memory... 

However

Vastly more annoying however is the latest version of Cakewalk and Korg synths. I have a Micro-X, Volca Keys and Prophecy. On start/stop (and this is with filters and not chasing events set), it is sending messages to ALL MIDI ports (even ones that are not active in the track) I verified this with a loopback in to MIDI-OX. What this means is that the Volca in many tracks if specific CC's, NRPN's etc are present, will just NULL and make no sound nor pass through any MIDI (yes Bizarre!)

I ran the same config using Reaper, and no issues, ran the same setup of pass through (Keyboards as controllers include a TS10 and Oxygen 49), using MID-OX, and no issues at all.

Cakewalk seems to be sending reset/events even when filtering/told not to... any help much appreciated

I tried event using the MIDI event filter plug in in the tracks (they don't appear actually filter properly), settings in prefs, nothing gets around this issue I am seeing

Is there a way to force Cakewalk to ONLY send all notes off, and reset all controllers (nothing else) on start/stop, and has anyone else seen this issue with the Volca Keys (it seems to manifest if you're using a lot of VSTi's in a track, as (and this is where it gets very weird), on some tracks it works fine) . Wondering if MIDI files with GM/GS/XG resets in cause this, but looked through some event lists on a few tracks, and nothing was obviously popping up

Korg's MIDI implementation leaves a lot to be desired (The Micro-X is a headache too, and the VST editor doesn't work well at all), but if I can't get this resolved, I'll have to jump to Cubase, which I don't really want to do right now (as I have about 80 songs in Cakewalk)

TIA for any help