No Audio

Hey I'm trying to get into recording music so I downloaded Cakewalk as it was free and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something but it doesn't work properly. Whenever I open the software my computer audio seems to turn off. I can't get any audio from the program or from anything else on my computer and I'm not sure why. 

If you can help with some solutions it will help a lot

Thanks

Have you taken any time to look at the Reference Guide or online manual? They offer some good getting started tutorials.  Your problem most likely has to do with using your onboard audio and the driver mode that you have selected. ASIO only allows one application to have the driver open. 

• Like 1

It’s why I made the video.
In the past the people willing to invest $300- $500 in the software thought nothing of spending the additional $200+ on the audio interface and then even more on proper studio equipment like mikes and monitors. So a basic studio set up would run you $1,500 and up. 
We now have the majority of new users who attempt this for free. 
So sadly on board audio  now the new standard 

Well I used to say the same thing, but then if the user is not planning on recording audio they don't really need one. It's another aspect of the "free" DAW world. Musicians are used to spending money on their gear. Musicians will need an Audio interface or they won't get far recording themselves, well I guess a keyboard player who doesn't sing would be the exception. But I think a huge chunk of new users are all non musicians. 

They use a DAW to glue together pre recorded audio and midi clips. I call them DJ's just to generalize. They create something that is called music, but they are not  what I call a musician.    Musicians play instruments. We even allow drummers and singers into that circle :) 

Edited by John Vere