AAS Multiphonics CV-1 intro sale

Sergio

I just received a message from AAS  with the subject Multiphonics CV-1 tutorials, news, and intro sale where, among other announcements, there is the offer bellow (quote):

"Finally, don’t miss out on the Multiphonics CV-1 special introductory sale. We added a custom option for Modeling Collection users. You can now get your hands on Multiphonics CV-1 for only $69 by visiting your Offers page at the address below."

I'll not reproduce the link because it has a personal code that probably is related to my account and based on what I already have.

But the interesting thing is this: in that page there is also a Complete you collection offer where I could get Multiphonics CV-1 and Chromaphone 3 (that I had not bought yet) for the same $69 !  That's $35 each 😀

I was planning to get Multiphonics CV-1 next month but, at that prices, I just grabbed both right now.

Check your email !!!

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Check your email !!!

Thanks for the suggestion, but even after logging in to my account all I am entitled to is the same old $79 introductory price they have had since it was introduced, with no twofer deal anywhere to be found. 

"Finally, don’t miss out on our special introductory sale. Get your hands on Multiphonics CV-1 for only $79 by visiting its product page at the address below."

Maybe you own something already that gives you those customized prices, perhaps the Modelling Collection?  

"The Modeling Collection gives you the best value by bundling Chromaphone 3, Lounge Lizard EP-4, Multiphonics CV-1, Objeq Delay, String Studio VS-3, Strum GS-2, and Ultra Analog VA-3 at an unbeatable price . . . from $499."

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

" . . . We added a custom option for Modeling Collection users. You can now get your hands on Multiphonics CV-1 for only $69 by visiting your Offers page at the address below."   

But the interesting thing is this: in that page there is also a Complete you collection offer where I could get Multiphonics CV-1 and Chromaphone 3 (that I had not bought yet) for the same $69 !  That's $35 each 😀

Just a guess, but maybe you already own a version of the Modelling Collection that doesn't have Chromaphone 3?" If so, it sounds like you are getting $10 off the $79 and a free upgrade to your non-Chromophone 3 Modelling Collection.  

That seems like a good deal for Chromophone 3!!

Edited by User 905133

I bought the Modelling Collection in 2017 to get Object Delay. I had everything else in the Collection at the time.

Have not purchased anything from AAS since.

In my case, the $69 complete your collection included Multiphonics CV-1, upgrades to Chromaphone 3, String Studio VS-3 and Ultra Analog UA-3.

13 minutes ago, scook said:

I bought the Modelling Collection in 2017 to get Object Delay. I had everything else in the Collection at the time.

Have not purchased anything from AAS since.

In my case, the $69 complete your collection included Multiphonics CV-1, upgrades to Chromaphone 3, String Studio VS-3 and Ultra Analog UA-3.

Wow. That's an IK level of two fingers up to the more loyal customers. They get a way worse deal than someone who has bought nothing for years. AAS have gone right down in my estimation for that. 

Disclaimer: CV-1 does nothing for me personally, but still.........

• Like 1

Looks really interesting. I really like the AAS stuff. But probably will never have time to figure out how to use this. But does look very cool.

I also  got that email and also own some other AAS stuff. I dont see that deal. I just see intro offer.

Edited by telecode 101

Owning the Modelling Collection, I upgraded to Chromaphone 3, Ultra Analog VA-3 and String Studio VS-3 late last year and paid $39 for each upgrade, or a total of $117. And now five months later I could apparently have got them all, as well as Multiphonics CV-1, for $69. Nice move, AAS. But of course, most people will notice the business model and never bother to upgrade anything AAS until some rock-bottom sale eventually comes along. It might be sooner than you’d think.

Maybe AAS is making their money on sound packs and are selling their synths for petty cash just to keep that market going. Just like razors and razor blades.

There's no way that this in intentional as it makes no business sense.
I think you guys have hit upon a glitch in their website which will be gone as soon as they realize the goof.
AAS has always given us fair deals and great service.
Not to mention the yearly XMas present.

Edited by TheSteven

One big disadvantage of the Multiphonics CV-1 is that you are limited not only in the available modules (this is not enough compared to Cherry Audio), but also in space. You cannot add modules indefinitely, they are limited to the rack window. I really hope that they will remove this limitation.

Sorry.png.21da4e934bcbe97fcff88cc2d9b875e2.png

Edited by future-bit

45 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

At least on my system Multiphonics CV-1's max size comes to1915x1303 pixels (including side panels). 
You can put as many modules as will fit into the black module area.

I'm talking about the same thing

1 hour ago, future-bit said:

You cannot add modules indefinitely, they are limited to the rack window. I really hope that they will remove this limitation.

I could not work with such a limitation in standalone mode, I quickly ran out of space for a complex patch.

Thanks for all the details about AAS products owned which might have triggered the $69 and modelling collection deals. I upgraded all of my Sonar Edition session synths to the non-DAW limited versions, but I didn't upgrade all of them to the full versions. And while I do have Objeq Delay, I don't own the Studio Strings.  That probably explains why my e-mail had the standard $79 ($20 off) offer without the "fill-in your modelling collection" offer.

Given my aging eyesight, my investment in VM, and the fact that VM fits my personal needs (which vary for all of us), I will keep my eyes open for a Chromaphone 3 offer rather than spend $499.  Again, thanks sharing  the info about the different packages and offers.

Edited by User 905133