A MIDNIGHT FLINT

Paul Bush

Hi Chaps , here´s a demo not quite ready for  mixdown  but ready enough for critique and constructive input , its a song inspired by a netflix documentary of the town ``Flint Michigen´´ it was concieved way before the BLM movement - campagne so I´m not trying to jump on any political bandwagon , this is something different for me so ..erm give it a go ..its a fictional story of  good people trying to do their best ......... cheers paul

• Like 3

Paul . . . you've done something special with this one . . . and I find it amazing you turned a Netflix documentary into a great song like this ! The delivery of the vocal melody, and the story in the lyrics really stand out in this one. Verses are so cool. Sounds like you're still in development for this song / mix, so I'll offer . . . bring up the drums in the final choruses, and tame the sibilance of the background vocals a bit. Look forward to that final version !

• Like 1

Hi guys yeah I need some advice on geting rid of sshhhès so i used a vocal strip with a DeEsser and sort of worked and I´m having to calm down the top end of the eq but it still seems a bit ssshh`ssy any tips  or vst`s I can use ?

Hi Doug , This one was a bit out of the ordinary for me so I kept it back for some time not really knowing if I should post or not , so after a getting a private positive response from one of our forum members  , I deceided to post  ,     I just couldnt get rid of the sssshsses using a de`eser so Ive re recorded the main vocals again etc so I think the next time I post it should be better  , thanks for the comments ,I also may be over thinking it a bit now .cheers

So  I´m in the  mixdown stage and Ive now remixed it five times and re sung the main vocal three times ,it seems the more gadgets Ive got at my dissposal  the more muddy it gets   , as always I´m overthinking it again  so i´m leaving it for a few days and then i`ll have another go , thanks guys really appreciate your comments ,, and Mark  that documentary was just so soul destroying , as i said its about good people trying  to their best in a bad situtation , there are a few more on the net to watch . i`ll check out that lisp cheers

Thanks so much chaps, I wasnt sure from the start if the song would resonate so I´m really happy with the response thus far, the final mix and new vocals are now finished with new artwork and is posted...... spot the difference game  ?? no prizes cheers

Edited by Paul Bush