Warp 7

Wookiee

Some of you may have noticed that all of the Warp series have been composed in a different major key starting a C through to B.  Some of you may have also noticed that most have consisted of only three chords, with the progression B A D B.

For interest I did modulate in a couple  to a different key but other than the passing chords to get through the modulation to the new key I tried to keep to that same basic  B A D B progression.

Here is the last one in a Major Key.  Hope you enjoy, where will I go for Warp 8, Warp 9 and the unobtainable Warp 10 minor keys?

Instruments used

Cherry Audio
Polymood
Eight Voice X 2
CA 2600

Arturia's
ARP 2600 V3

FX Infected Mushrooms Wider

All other FX are Stock CbB Plugins in the Pro Channel.

Finalised using Voxengo's SPAN and Youlean's Loudness meter Pro.

Thanks as always for your time and ears they are all greatly appreciated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

What did you use there?

Cherry Audio's CA2600 a Wookiee'd preset probably, though I may just have changed it so much it no longer resembles anything like it was.  Well you have to start somewhere. :)

Thanks for the ears and comment Nigel.

First time I saw an Oberheim was c. 1984, at a studio where I'd been invited to lay down a string part. The engineer suggested I do it on the Oberheim 4-voice instead of my Elka String Synthesizer. I was blown away, and literally dreamed about that synth for many months after. But it cost more than a new car back then, so I never realized my dream of owning one. I did buy a single expander module (which was still ~$700) and slaved it to my Micromoog. I'd never have dreamt that someday regular folks like me and Wookie could own a digital equivalent for $29. Gotta say, you do it justice, my friend.

• Thanks 1

i love all these synth sounds...

i mean, it's like an exercise in how many cool and vintagy synth tones you can craft...

i'd love to hear some of these sounds crafted into a proper song style, with drums and arrangements for other instruments and voice....

are you doing anything like that with these way cool sounds?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, batsbrew said:

i love all these synth sounds...

i'd love to hear some of these sounds crafted into a proper song style, with drums and arrangements for other instruments and voice....

are you doing anything like that with these way cool sounds?

Thanks Bat's I think that is what I want to try next, I have several nice SD3 kits, Rooms of Hansa, Rock legacy, I have also indulge in EZBass fretless, I looking forward to learning how to program it. It will add something extra to my vintage synths.

Cheeky on the proper song style's you want verse, pre chorus, chorus, middle 8🤔

12 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Cheeky on the proper song style's you want verse, pre chorus, chorus, middle 8🤔

well, it could be like ABACAB

LOL

(genesis joke)

me, i like the spacey stuff as is.

but you'd reach a bigger audience if you could wrap it into a nice package and put a bow on it.

• Haha 1

Wookie, add a few opera singers and this would sound a bit Klaus Schulze. Very nice. If you're looking for some chord ideas and such I'd suggest using different scales. Some middle eastern or Asian scales can sound pretty spacey.

• Thanks 1

Serious suggestion: take one of bat's tunes that is more or less complete but with some space left in it, send it over to Wookie and let him use his own imagination and synth knowhow to add some synth parts. See what happens.

It'd be an interesting departure for both parties, opening some creative doors and maybe, just maybe, create something truly remarkable. Or not.  Doesn't matter, I'd still like to hear it.

• Thanks 1