Melda 20

cclarry

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about these “eternal madness” deals. It’s actually an interesting and quite original idea. All of Melda’s plugins will become available at half price but you have to wait your (and their) turn. This way you know you’ll be able to get them at half off if you want to be patient. Or you can just get them when you need them and pay full price. But you also know prices won’t go much lower, so there’s a kind of guarantee that your purchases will keep their value. And you get free updates. Always. 
Pretty, pretty good. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Been thinking about these “eternal madness” deals. It’s actually an interesting and quite original idea. All of Melda’s plugins will become available at half price but you have to wait your (and their) turn. This way you know you’ll be able to get them at half off if you want to be patient. Or you can just get them when you need them and pay full price. But you also know prices won’t go much lower, so there’s a kind of guarantee that your purchases will keep their value. And you get free updates. Always. 
Pretty, pretty good. 

To an extent.. although I just got MTurboEQ for free with purchase from ADSR 🙂 There was also their recent turbo compressor giveaway with purchase too. 

But other than giveaways, minus a few further discounts here and there from different resellers the discounts are pretty stable like you mentioned.

Edited by MusicMan
Typo

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, should’ve gotten those Turbo’s. They look fab. Maybe get the reverb first, ‘cause I’ll always be a verb man. 

The Turbo Reverb (even the LE version) is pretty crazy in the number of options it provides and I find the sound quality to be top notch for an Algo verb.

As for the keep the value proposition.  This is true as long as you plan on keeping them.  If you plan to sell them, perhpas not so much as I think the transfer fee is something like 20% of current full retail, which can make the more expensive plugs (like the Turbos) rather difficult to "sell"

As for me, I plan on keeping them and appreciate the free updates and continual improvements.  Looking forward to the Version 15 offiical release.  

• Like 1