Cakewalk TTS-1

Helo! I've been using Cakewalk TTS-1 for a long time, I've never had a problem with it. But now after the last update of Cakewalk BandLab I started to have it. When I load the TTS-1 I can play on my keyboard control and listen to it, the problem arises when I start recording, when I press the R key the sound disappears making it impossible to hear at the time of recording. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

I haven't noticed anything different with TTS-1 after the latest update.

Here are some obvious things to try: make sure the track is armed before recording; make sure input echo is on (button next to the track arm button). 

I just used it in my last tutorial and it’s working fine. You need to use it first in projects. If you add it later on it goes weird. It’s only use to most of us is to preview midi files. As a sound source it’s a bit dated 

• Like 1

None of these responses have addressed the OP's question. Sure, there are better-sounding sample-based synths out there, but the TTS-1 remains viable. I use it regularly, mostly for percussion but sometimes as a stand-in for a piano or string part that'll later be assigned to a high-end sample library. I do this because the TTS-1 is so efficient that I can stack as many instances as I want while composing/arranging.

As to why the synth can't be heard while recording, that's probably just the Echo button. Click it and see.

• Like 2

If you use it early, and then replace it before the project gets too complicated, or freeze your TTS-1 tracks, you are probably fine.

But folks have reported issues when adding it to already existing projects. YMMV. Alternatives abound...

Another great one is Air Expand. I got it for 10.00 not too long ago. If you wait you will probably be able to get it for that price also.

I wish I could use TTS-1. I used it regularly with Sonar, but with CbB it just crashes my system every time. I also have NI Bandstand, an really great midi set, but NI no longer supports it so that 100.00 was wasted except for a few years before they abandoned it.

It's true there are many midi sets out there, but there aren't that many really quality ones, like TTS-1, Bandstand or the Roland VSC.

• Like 2